Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Exceed RC Support - Helicopter
Reload this Page >

Upgrading Servo to digital

Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Upgrading Servo to digital

Old 11-13-2009, 05:32 PM
doogietim02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrading Servo to digital

I have the exceed rc g2 and would like to upgrade to a digital servo for the tail rotor. Looking for for any input on gyro/servo combinations that would work with this heli.
Old 11-13-2009, 05:43 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Upgrading Servo to digital

the stock gyro can support digital servo so you can get this http://www.xheli.com/ra12grmipldi1.html

Andy
Old 11-20-2009, 02:53 PM
doogietim02

whats the set up procedure for changing the gyro over to digital?

Tim
Old 11-24-2009, 12:48 AM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's the same. Connect the arm to the servo 90 degree to the case and then connect directly to the receiver to center that. The connect it back to the gyro. you need to set the left switch to DS to let the gyro know that you have a digital servo now.

Andy
Old 02-15-2011, 01:13 PM
sconner

Ijust updated my tail servo to an EXI Digital servo http://www.xheli.com/exi-servo-d213f.html. Andy described the process. Just a noob point...I mounted mine 180 degrees from they way it came from the factory. So Ireversed the direction on the gyro and transmitter if Iremember correctly.Then afterwards Ifigured out what Idid.:-) Take note on how the factory one is mounted and you'll be fine. Don't forget to flip the switch on the gyro to DS now that it's a digital servo.

For what it's worth, I noticed a "touch" of tail wag with the new digital servo.Iguess it's just a bit quicker to respond than the original so it acts just slightly different.I turned down the sensitivity a bit on the gyro to compensate.Didn't have to adjust it, but I didn't like the slight wag/twitch the tail exhibited.

sconner