Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Exceed RC Support - Helicopter
Reload this Page >

Exceed G2 spinning....

Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Exceed G2 spinning....

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 12:42 PM
cq842000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exceed G2 spinning....

Hello everyone, I own an Exceed G2 RTF. I am having some trouble trying to keep it from spinning counter-clockwise uncontrollably despite trying to rotate it in the opposite direction. Now before you ask, I am a n00b so bare with me please.
I have completed a gyro bench test and it compensates the slider in both directions when I change the direction of the heli. Also of note is that when the tail servo is plugged into the RUDD port on the RX, bypassing the gyro, the servo centers the rotor. I have the same problem in Rate mode as well as HH mode. When I spool up it rotates wildly in one direction, and I have searched for the problem identifier as well as a solution and I have yet to find it so all help is appreciated. Thank you for your time and consideration. I will do my best to fulfill any requests in the interests of troubleshooting and rectifying this issue.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:21 PM
cq842000

Default RE: Exceed G2 spinning....

Okay, I found the issue with the tail rotor not centering. I swapped the AUX 1(pit servo) with the AUX 2(gyro), so now the gyro is AUX 1, and the tail rotor centers perfectly. This however was the high point of an otherwise fruitless day because now it appears that either my brand new ESC is kaput or my motor and rotated it's last magnet. When I plug in the ESC, the motor makes no beeps (I've tried switching the plugs), yet the servos still move like a freshly reanimated corpse minus the torso and head. What do you guys think?
Old 06-11-2011, 07:26 PM
cq842000

Alright... I figured it out. Even after reversing the gyro and confirming all settings and checks, it was still spinning like crazy. As it turns out, a little adhesive, a toothpick, and a stripped tail belt pulley made the difference. It seems that part was the cheapest, and I advise everyone having this spinning issue to glue or affix in some manner, the pulley attached to the belt, to the tail gear shaft. My tail rotor wasnt getting enough RPMs due to the slippage, but now it's ACE and no more spinning.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:29 AM
Forum support1

What is your order number would you like to send me back that helicopter so I could take a look at it.

Eric
Old 07-26-2011, 08:46 AM
ryanstech
My Feedback: (1)

This is the same problem I am having with my G2 that I got a couple weeks ago. It's spinning counter-clockwise. Just like cq842000, I completed the gyro bench test and checked the servo alignment. When I hold the tail rotor and spin the main rotor it doesn't resist, it slips. I'm not sure how this could have stripped since I haven't even had a chance to get this thing off the ground. I just want to get this thing to at least hover without spinning out on me. Please help!
Old 07-26-2011, 10:32 AM
Forum support1

ORIGINAL: ryanstech

This is the same problem I am having with my G2 that I got a couple weeks ago. It's spinning counter-clockwise. Just like cq842000, I completed the gyro bench test and checked the servo alignment. When I hold the tail rotor and spin the main rotor it doesn't resist, it slips. I'm not sure how this could have stripped since I haven't even had a chance to get this thing off the ground. I just want to get this thing to at least hover without spinning out on me. Please help!

Hi what is your order number ?

Eric
Old 07-26-2011, 10:51 AM
ryanstech

my order number is:

yhst-94582326164583-407475

thanks
Old 07-27-2011, 10:44 AM
Forum support1

ORIGINAL: ryanstech

my order number is:

yhst-94582326164583-407475

thanks
I see that your order you have talk to one of our tech guys name Charles , and he just send an RMA to your email address so that you could send back the helicopter for inspection or repair. Are you going to send it back to us for inspection or repair?

Eric
Old 07-27-2011, 10:53 AM
ryanstech

I am going to send it in. The only concern is that the original packaging got damaged after removing all the gear. Charles said it would be OK to send it in a flat-rate shipping box. do think this will be ok as long as I wrap it in bubble wrap really well and fill the empty spaces in the box with packing peanuts? I don't want it to become more damaged on the way back..

thank you!
Old 08-29-2011, 07:18 PM
lilben94010

Hi Everyone
I'm new to helis but have been racing boats,on road cars and off road for over 15 yrs.I bought a g2 for the fun and it has not been fun.I should know better than to think you can flyout of the box.Just to goback on track for a minute my spelling is bad so forgive me but my g2 did the same thing going to the left and i can be sure your belt gear is stripped from the pin.If you look and see that you have no tail to the right stop and look at the gear.RTF really means ready to fix.Just some advice for all newbies take heli out of box and don't charge the battery until you power up the transmitter and see what mode it is in.For north america it should be mode two this mistake cost me six stiches at the hospital what will happen is in mode 1 the throttle will go too 100% and heli will go nuts.Here is what i did after going to mode 2 i follwed the right side of manual for north america and set everything to those settings and seemed to be ok.The next thing i did was go to goodwiil and bought a lazy suza and mounted the heli to it on a table to finish the adjustments and now the helie is straight and ready to fly.Also the other thing i did for now is to order a new gear so waiting on that but i used devcon 5min epoxy on the old gear after aligning the pin to right spot and it has worked just fine so i will most likley do the same to the new gearafter i see what comes in the mail. I hope this messed up e-mail helps someone thank you for your time wes
Old 08-30-2011, 09:56 AM
dditch

testing a gyro:
http://www.mycoolheli.com/gyrobenchtest.html