Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Exceed RC Support - Helicopter
Reload this Page >

RC G2 KEEP COMBINED PROBLEM

Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

RC G2 KEEP COMBINED PROBLEM

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 10:37 PM
imeto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC G2 KEEP COMBINED PROBLEM

Hi, Iam completely new in R/C. Istarted with readingm then a simulator and finally decided to have a Electric R/C heli, and bought Exceed RC G2.
1. 1st time Iwent outside I was able to ascend for 2-3 feet, but it kept going left or right after taking of so there was no much space for training and Idecided to stop for the day. Looking at the transmiter I played with the controls (which reminds me Ihaven't found any good manual neither for this helicopter nor for the transmiter. I'll appreciate any help) and switched to 3D flight, which caused helicopter to start moving on the table and before Iturn the switch back it fell of the table, fortunately with very little damages on the main rotor baldes and broke one blade grip.
2. Ihad no time flying it for a month, so before that Ileft the battery after the initial attempt to fly (i.e. not fully discharged). I tried to recharge it with the supplied charger, but it kept blinking red (i.e. like some error). So Ispent money on new charger (SkyCharger and a new battery) and just in case a new baterry, not knowing which one was dead. Yesterday I charged both baterries successfuly, so Iput the new one on and tried to spin the helicopter a little, without taking off, just to see if everything looks electrically ok. It had hard time starting the rottor. It didn't spin at all before Iapplied a little more throttle, after few attempts Irealized something is wrong, so Idisconnected everything and found the mottor was very hot and the ESC was very-very hot. Irealized the mottor's outer surface is not static... it is most likely part of the motor's rotor..... so the battery wires Iput around the motor acted as a break, so everything was clear. Today, connecting the battery far from the motor as well as wiring, Iwent outside on a lawn and Ifound the helicopter is cannot take off at all, even the main rottor looks like is spinning pretty good, but not enough. Idecided to use the right stick (Iuse mode 2) to shake it a little so it started to spin wildly... Itried to compensate the spinning with the left stick, but it didn't help. After every such attempt Idisconnected and connected the battery and reset the connection to the transmiter. After my 4-th attempt my transmiter couldn't connect to the helicopter or, more precisely ... it connects like partially. The transimter gives initial sound which means "starting connection attempt" and then same sound "which as far as Iundertood" means failed. tried some more times and decided to drive back home where recharged the main battery as well as transmiter's bateries. Tried to connect again (at least 3-4 attempts)without success. Even I don't hear the "successful connection" signal, Ican see the gyro stops blinking and glows in red. The receiver is steady red.And Ican move the servos.I saw two switches on the gyro and while still "partially connected", Iswitched the left one from "Nor" to "DS" and after that tried full throttle and the main rottor start spinning and the helicopter started spinning as well, so Ireleased the throttle.
It is pitty, Icouldn't even hover normally with this one before Iscrap it. It would be better if I crashed it during flight. I know it is not the best helicopter for entry level, but there is also virtually no any good documentation with some frequent problems/reasons/solutions....
Do you think I can do something to make it fly again, or I just need to assume that those money were wasted and I need to buy another helicopter?
Thank you
Old 07-18-2011, 11:24 AM
Forum support1

Default RE: RC G2 KEEP COMBINED PROBLEM

What is your order number ?

Eric
Old 07-18-2011, 01:56 PM
imeto

Ihave ordered couple of items after that, so Ihave more than one order number, but Ibelieve that's the one:
yhst-94582326164583-388274
Thank you!
Old 07-19-2011, 11:55 AM
Forum support1

Would you like our repair serive on this helicopter ?

Eric

Old 07-19-2011, 12:13 PM
imeto

What I need to do and how much it will cost me?
Old 07-21-2011, 10:34 AM
Forum support1

ORIGINAL: imeto

What I need to do and how much it will cost me?
Is going to cost you $40 dollar for the repair plug any parts that we had to replacement to put on the helicopter. and you need to send it back to us for repair. If you agree with those service charge thenI will issue a RMA number to your email address.

Eric
Old 07-21-2011, 04:18 PM
imeto

I'll try to fix it by myself.
Do you have some documentation on the parts included in ti?
For example where Ican read about all possible reasonspairing failure?
There must be some list of possible reasons and ways to check, bypassing something or checking some electrical parameters.

Thank you

Old 07-22-2011, 10:49 AM
Forum support1

ORIGINAL: imeto

I'll try to fix it by myself.
Do you have some documentation on the parts included in ti?
For example where Ican read about all possible reasonspairing failure?
There must be some list of possible reasons and ways to check, bypassing something or checking some electrical parameters.

Thank you

Oh we don't had that kind of documentation. But I could tell you where to go to watch some video about the helicopter www.helifreak.com and look for bobwhite he is good on fixing helicopter and building one.

Eric