Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Exceed RC Support - Helicopter
Reload this Page >

Servo burn out and receiver running hot ??

Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Servo burn out and receiver running hot ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 06:46 AM
RobBeach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo burn out and receiver running hot ??

Servo burn out and receiver running hot Eagle 50 ??

One of my servo's just burnt out (front one)... I fly every day a couple of batteries... so it gets lots of
use... so I expect to replace some items as this.. but while diagnosing situation..

1.) I notice that the receiver (RX 603 type) is getting warm on the back side..
when the servos are being activated.. stays cool to slightly warm when servo's not being activated.

2.) When the servo went bad... it wacked out all the servo's such that all would start to jitter.. and
then eventually front servo (the bad one) would not react, and the two other rear servo's would not
stabilize on initialization process (battery plug in).

a.)Ok.. so I am guessing the bad servo has got a short in it wacking everything else out.

b.) I replaced bad servo... all servo's work and stabilize on initialization but the receiver still becomes
warm when the servo's are being activated... is this normal.. or should the receiver always stay cool.

I am guessing Andy will probably be responding to this post so I thank you in advance for your or any
of you guys comments.

Thanks... Rob.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:15 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Servo burn out and receiver running hot ??

the receiver should be warm only when motors are spinning. you can turn the servo's arm and it should be smooth and doing this will check if your servos are stripped.

are you main motors still spinning? tail motor?

Andy