Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Eagle 50?

Old 03-20-2009, 12:35 AM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Eagle 50?

what's your order number? I'll get you a new fixing patch. Pm me.

Andy
Old 02-15-2011, 10:41 PM
pedrick1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My fixing patch came stripped out of the box too! After the flybar ball linkages broke after the main blades made their first brush with the ground due to it tipping over during its inaugural flight, i ordered the metal head upgrade and wanted to check the main shaft for straightness as the heli vibrated a lot during its initial power up. I went to take the main shaft off only to find the set screw on the main axis patch to be totally stripped. No allen key i have or any other type of star head or anything will fit and i do not have a drill or taps for that matter on hand (I'm a college student). After all the 3ch syma, 4ch blade msr, and simulator work, I was so excited to fly this heli. But now before a single flight this heli is seemingly grounded for good as I have exhausted my funds to buy the heli, the metal head upgrade immediately after, along with new blades, and now the main axis patch is totally stripped meaning I need a new main shaft clearly. Bad experience all around so far, I have owned this heli for only 4 days
Old 02-16-2011, 08:29 AM
Lil Ray

I totaly agree with that.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:36 PM
Forum support1

pedrick1

what is your order number can i have it please maybe I could send out a new linkage set for you.

Eric
Old 03-08-2011, 01:03 AM
pedrick1

That would be very much appreciated. I will get the order # from xheli tomorrow as I have deleted it from my emails, I received the heli on frebruary 14th. The eagle 50 has been very difficult to work with. Not only do things fall apart easy, but more things fall apart and strip out in the process of fixing it than was needing fixing in the first place. I replaced the plastic bell-hiller setup after the initial breakage with the V2 metal head upgrade, and now my elevator servo has stripped out from just from normal movement of the swashplate due to the tight fitting of the ball linkages; even though I drilled the linkages out just a tiny bit to provide a slightly looser fitting while trying not to ruin the taper on the linkages that keep them attached to the ball joints. I have a new servo coming from hobbypartz; andI also just received my second lipo battery with the wrong type of connection so I have 3 batteries but only one i can use, ha! What size banana plug is on the eagle 50's esc? Looking forward to flying soon though.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:52 PM
Forum support1

Please do once I receive an order number from you I could send out the linkage set for you asap.

Eric
Old 03-10-2011, 04:04 PM
pedrick1

i have been trying on several occasions a day to call both of xheli's numbers, but both are busy or no one answers. They don't answer emails either, kind of shady customer service. Could you remind me again why it is the linkages you want to replace and not my fixing patch and connecting shaft? It was the fixing patch that came ruined out of the box and therefore my main shaft is stuck in it as well. I obviously however appreciate any help.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:38 PM
pedrick1

finally got my order number and it is 1154123, that order was shipped to my address at school however and i am about to be on spring break this coming week so if you could send the parts to my billing address that would be extremely appreciated!
Old 03-11-2011, 05:47 PM
Forum support1

Hi pedrick1
<script></script>

I have your order number could you tell me which parts you need to fix this problem.

Eric
Old 03-11-2011, 06:36 PM
pedrick1

linkages would be very useful to fit the new metal head better, but the fixing patch and therefore the main shaft is what came ruined out of the box, so those are what are necessary.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:47 PM
Forum support1

Hi pedrick1
<script></script>
 can you please give me the parts number for those parts please. and an order number too please.

Eric

Old 03-14-2011, 10:04 PM
pedrick1

50H03-21part # for connecting shaft
50H03-38part # for connecting linkages
50H03-18part # for fixing patch

the connecting shaft and fixing patch is what came ruined from the factory, then the stock linkages did not fit the metal head replacement upgrade so they required drilling. However the fixing patch and therefore main connecting shaft is what came ruined out of the box. I'm not quite sure which order number you want now? As I have already given you the order number for the helicopter itself from xheli
Old 03-15-2011, 04:21 PM
Forum support1

Hi pedrick1

I will ship out those parts for you today.

Eric

Old 03-17-2011, 06:50 PM
pedrick1

Eric thanks so much for your help! Did you just add those three parts to the end of my original order or what? I'm just noticing it is the same order number so it's clearly not a "new" order
Old 03-18-2011, 01:20 PM
Forum support1

No I didn't add it on the old order i just ship it out with an new order and tracking number you should get it sometime this weeks.

Eric
Old 03-21-2011, 01:11 PM
pedrick1

got the parts today, the bird will yet be back in the sky soon! thanks again eric
Old 03-22-2011, 12:00 PM
Forum support1

Hi pedrick1

Not a problem

Eric
Old 08-08-2011, 07:03 PM
ckpilot

I would like to say I bought an Eagle 50 this June. Finally got brave enoughto try flying my HoneyBeeFP again and bought the Eagle 50 as the next step up. After hovering my FP and just learning some basic tailin manuevers, I tried the Eagle 50 and found it very easy to hover compared to learningthe FP. Im glad I practiced my crashes on the HoneyBee, I have not crashed the Eagle 50 once in the last month and fly it weekly. I have not broken anything after flying it an hour or two so cannot comment on how easy or difficult it is to fix. But I do enjoy flying it. The only mod I have done was to install heat sinks on both motors and am flying both originals for now. Only problem I am noticing is that the tail often twitches in hover, and I am hoping a gain adjustment on the receiver will fix that. Glad I found this forum since I think I found the procedure for doing that here! Back to flying ... I feel it is much smoother than my FP, however, you need to be quicker on the controls as any change and this heli wants to get up and go with any corrections! My heli has been flying for me straight out of the box. I checked the setup in my kitchen and then have been flying it since. And i have notused the training gear for some time now also for whatever that is worth...I bought hte metal head upgrade as well as all the plastic rotor head parts, but have not had a need or chance to replace anything.
Lastly, I bought this heli from xHeli as well as my HoneyBee and two others. I personally donot have a complaint with them.
And finally, I dont work for Exceed, Walkera or xHeli either! so I dont have an axe to grindor points to make with my boss (Im self employed).
So to everyone struggling with this bird, I can only say keep at it and keeping trying. I am not an expert, have not done Fwd Flight yet, crashed a lot just learning to hover and one day it just clicked. You might try learning to fly something less complex and easie to repair than a CPheli, then come back to this one, its a blast!
Old 03-01-2013, 01:52 PM
jay jet

Hello forum support 1
are you from xheli?
I have bought a lot of exceed eagle 50 parts from xheli.
but now my 50 is very unstable, cant seem to fix it .
how can i tell if i need another receiver?
i learned to fly with this heli so it's had a lot of crashes.
also i played with the settings on the radio, could you help me get it back to factory settings.
nice to talk to you, thanks for any help.