Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

G2 and Emergency room

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 04:37 PM
bmcq52

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G2 and Emergency room

I don't think my helicopters like me ...... About a month ago I put a post here describing the retrieval of my CX2 from the top of a tree. Now this weekend I had a mishap with my G2. I finally got everything set on the G2 and the Transmitter so I could actually get it to hover and hold it about a foot off the ground. I guess I got a little carried away in my revelry and flew it a little to close as I was attempting to land it in front of me. Still not sure if it was pilot error or just misjudging the link of the rotor blades .... but the rotating blade caught my left index finger and left a very nasty gash. Being carbon fiber blades it cut almost like a razor blade. Three hours in the emergency room and 4 stitches later ..... None the worst for wear, I have a much better respect for that spinning rotor head. Also take this as a word of caution for those who are also newbies to helos.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:46 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: G2 and Emergency room

oh no! This is not good. Was your G2 in stock motor or brushless motor?

when flying helicopter you should always keep and maintain a distant from the heli.

Andy
Old 07-09-2008, 07:09 PM
bmcq52

It is fully upgraded with brushless motor and full aluminum upgrades! I still can't believe the RPM difference and response with the brushless.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:24 AM
jamesc43
My Feedback: (2)

You have learned a valueable lesson. Your mission is to teach this lesson to others as you learn and teach others
how to fly. Share this wealth of information and show others your scars so that they can learn from your mistakes.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:49 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I heard many horror stories in gas heli lost control. 600lb of brute force comming towards you to cut your head off. Get a AMA license $60 a year and insurance coverage up to 2 mill.

Andy
Old 07-17-2008, 10:10 PM
cflytrap

I guess I got a little carried away in my revelry and flew it a little to close as I was attempting to land it in front of me
.... but the rotating blade caught my left index finger and left a very nasty gash.
I am not sure if I understand correctly...were you trying to land the helicopter in your hand? Your story doesn't make sense.

NEVER stop a spinning rotor with your hand or fingertip. your finger can be sucked in and thats alot of torque coming around. Enough to rip a fingertop off.

Landing close to you is one thing but you need to keep a minimum of 6 feet from you to the heli while the blades are spinning. If your heli gets close to you while you are hovering, step back. Keep a safe distance.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:15 PM
cflytrap

Didn't mind to seem like a jerk in my last post...I just hate the horror stories. Just remember that you and others' personal safety is priority one in this hobby. Wear safety glasses when eye level and spinning up on the bench for blade tracking and stay back, and strap it down as well. Don't fly in parks with kids or trees or powerlines nearby. Do not overchrage or leave LiPo batteries unattended. Never touch the heli or any part of it while the motor is running, and if its coming at you fast, you best get the heck out of the way and let it crash.

Most injuries and accidents are totally preventable if you use a little common sense and discipline. I am sorry to hear you got hurt.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:14 PM
bmcq52

I didn't mean for my post to take light of the danger involved with this sport. I made a mistake and it cost me ..... I only hoped to give a little enlightment to a large group of newbies like myself who could make the same mistake. I am definitly old enoughto know better ..... maybe younger RC'ers aren't. Just passing on words of wisdom from someone who has been there!