Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Tail spin on take off

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 06:42 AM
mdaddyrabbit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tail spin on take off

I just got a Falcon 40, when I start to throttle up the tail spins either right or left to the point I can get it off the ground. The wires are not crossed and I have tryed adjusting the slider on the transmitter and doesn"t work. I did read on this forum that I need to turn on transmitter and then plug the battery on the heli.

Any help would be so thankful for, nearly at wits end.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:01 PM
dooleyje

Default RE: Tail spin on take off

I would say to read the directions and see if the gyro is set high enough to help with the tail. My son has one and I just bang up off the ground. It is a very touchy tail when the tail spins up. Keep this in mind, if the main blades are rotating clockwise the nose will want to go the other way or vice versa. The Falcon tail has an electric motor that needs to spin up to speed Good news is that it is a strong machine that takes good punishment . What I do is to trim the machine. I do this by reving it up. If the tail gos to the right I give it left trim on the left hand slider or rudder. If the machine wants to tilt back I wiil take the right hand vertical slider and push it forward a few clicks. If it wants to tilt to the right I will take the horizontal slider I will slide to the left a little. While you trim just try to get it light on the skids and watch what it does with out moving anything but throttl. Make many tiny adjustments, take your time.
Oh by the way, they are fun and the fun is also in the learning.

JIM
Old 04-25-2007, 11:08 PM
mdaddyrabbit

So you and our Son can fly this critter?
Old 04-25-2007, 11:16 PM
dooleyje

yes it will fly. I forgot to mention that if the tail motor is funky, it will not hold good. We have replaced a few motors so far. On my large helis thay are belt driven and even they will dance a little when reving up. In grass not so much but on concrete or a smooth pad they will kick a little. How long have you had the Falcon?
JIM
Old 04-25-2007, 11:23 PM
mdaddyrabbit

I bought a Walkeria 22E last year which was a collective pitch and from having no experience I really craped out, sold it and gave up. I recently bought a used Blade CX and can fly and hover it well, but FP with tail rotor is day and night difference from coxial. I decided to try a FP with tail rotor so I got the Falcon 40 last Friday and feel like its a little more than I will be able to handle but I want to learn so bad. I have had 2 fight sims and they dont halp me at all. I did get the Falcon off the fround but it tilts backwards because it is tail heavy and that is with the battery all the way to the front. I feel like I would stand a better chance of flying if I could get my center of gravity right and had more power with a Lipo battery. I cant get rc helis out of my system, just need some improvement.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:59 AM
dooleyje

Its not only your bird. Most helis want to come back at you toward the right and or left depending on blade rotation direction. At this stage push the right hand slider forward a little and try again. If it still wants to come back, slide a little more forward. Just get the bird a bit light on the skids and see what it does. Correct it a little at A time. I wish you had held on to the 22. I will help you all you want, any time. email: jedooley@bellsouth. net.