Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Exceed RC Support - Helicopter
Reload this Page >

Exceed-RC Raptor G2 Keeps Spining

Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Exceed-RC Raptor G2 Keeps Spining

Old 02-06-2008, 08:46 PM
Yves2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Exceed-RC Raptor G2 Keeps Spining

Sorry!

Here is my e-mail [email protected]
Old 02-06-2008, 11:53 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You see it will always tip towards one side no matter how you adjust it. Basically you want to do the following:

disconnect the main motor. at low stick your swash should be balance and move to center stick and see if your swash changes and it should not be. do the same for high stick.

when you adjust the swash make sure all your trims are at center.

Andy
Old 03-11-2008, 08:21 PM
watercrazy54

Hi crew, I just got my raptor on friday. I love it, I cut my teeth on the blazing star. A little hint, You have got to reset your transmitter after every charge. Put your transmitter for tail roter alittle to off center (right) before you turn on the transmitter. Keep your Raptor low to ground on lift off to adjust torque, you will have to keep adjusting through flight, keep adjustments minor. If you are lucky enough to use a gym or large closed room, I mean a large area it helps build skill.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:21 PM
herbl

Thanks Guys for the feedabck on the purchase experience and lack of cusotmer support at www.xheli.com

I am in the market for a new G-2 Raptor or CP Belt and it looks like I will not spend my dollars with X-Heli

I wish these on-line retaliers would learn that treating Customers with prompt courtious respect and service is the name of the game for staying in business for the long-term.

Some still don't get it.

My business goes elsewhere. Thanks for heads-up
Old 03-17-2008, 05:45 PM
yadac123

First of all I do not see your post for help here. Did you know xheli.com has their own support forum? Flying heli is not easy thing and can not be done overnight. Starting with raptor g2 is going the hard way.

Andy
Old 03-20-2008, 02:36 PM
Ybenjulkay2x

i also have problem with my raptor g2 that i thought its the gyro ( keep on spinning ), but it's not the gyro nor the servo or setting the transmitter and gyro, xheli ask me to send the gyro but i'm glad i didn't do send it, i decide to get another walkera 36 for $129 only and test what's going on. I found that the problem was the transmiiter (radio), the servo not supposed to operate when you throttle up unless you move the stick to left or right, i even test it w/o the gyro in the heli. it's too late for me to find out whats wrong with it, only 30 days warranty and i don't want to be get charge for shipping/labor for a parts that works. at least i have parts for my raptor g2 as it was the same as the walkera #36, just slight diff. on its color
i bought the raptor g2 last Dec.for christmas, bought the walkera Feb. for my birthday. the raptor g2 work for about 3 weeks then it just start just spinning on me, uncontrolable, it won't take-off, every time i throttle it up, the servo for the tail just keep on engaging causing the heli to spin, i even notice that the servo arm swing full on a almost 1/2 way throttle (esc off) with or w/o the gyro. the remote of the #36 doesn't do it. so right now i use the walkera#36 remote.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:31 AM
yadac123

I ran into this problem before and I thought it's the gryo but it's not. The setting on the radio need to be set back to default. What happened to me was that the dip switch #12 was adjusted and I forgot the original setting so my gyro setting is lost. I'm in the process of getting the setting from the factory and I will post it here once I have it. A quick solution is to use another radio that the setting has not been adjusted and it will work again.

Andy
ORIGINAL: Ybenjulkay2x

i also have problem with my raptor g2 that i thought its the gyro ( keep on spinning ), but it's not the gyro nor the servo or setting the transmitter and gyro, xheli ask me to send the gyro but i'm glad i didn't do send it, i decide to get another walkera 36 for $129 only and test what's going on. I found that the problem was the transmiiter (radio), the servo not supposed to operate when you throttle up unless you move the stick to left or right, i even test it w/o the gyro in the heli. it's too late for me to find out whats wrong with it, only 30 days warranty and i don't want to be get charge for shipping/labor for a parts that works. at least i have parts for my raptor g2 as it was the same as the walkera #36, just slight diff. on its color
i bought the raptor g2 last Dec.for christmas, bought the walkera Feb. for my birthday. the raptor g2 work for about 3 weeks then it just start just spinning on me, uncontrolable, it won't take-off, every time i throttle it up, the servo for the tail just keep on engaging causing the heli to spin, i even notice that the servo arm swing full on a almost 1/2 way throttle (esc off) with or w/o the gyro. the remote of the #36 doesn't do it. so right now i use the walkera#36 remote.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:32 AM
Ybenjulkay2x

[quote]ORIGINAL: yadac123

I ran into this problem before and I thought it's the gryo but it's not. The setting on the radio need to be set back to default. What happened to me was that the dip switch #12 was adjusted and I forgot the original setting so my gyro setting is lost. I'm in the process of getting the setting from the factory and I will post it here once I have it. A quick solution is to use another radio that the setting has not been adjusted and it will work again.

Andy
ORIGINAL: Ybenjulkay2x

[/quote
the setting of the walkera is v2 0% and v1 60% - 80% and also i bring the linkage in the servo arm of the tail closiest to the center
so i can adjust the gain more, less wagging. If you adjust the v2 your heli is just going to spin, see heli beginner forum and proceed to
the raptor g2 forum. alot of pilot talk about this heli. by the way the raptor remote is shut thats why i bought the walkera #36.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:31 PM

PLease send me the info to reset the radio and the gyro to defalt. I have the exceed G2 SE

Thanks
Old 06-27-2008, 04:45 PM
yadac123

2,4,6,7 are ON

rest are OFF

Andy
Old 07-06-2009, 10:44 PM
Chivone

Hi

I'm getting pretty discouraged. I can't see to stop this G2 from spinning wildly, not matter how I counteract the spin with the tail. It just spins.
I hear an awful lot of clicking, and sometimes, all of a sudden it'll start whining, and I never touched anything. In order to stop it, I have to jiggle the controls, or pick the heli up.
It's just weird.

How do I put the gyro in reverse? What do you mean?
I also noticed, that when I turn the rudder all the way to the right, or left, the tail squeezes all the way to the right, and then squeezes back to center, by itself.
I don't even have to touch it. It is not smooth. Same thing happens both ways.

I think something's wrong with the servo.

I need help!
Old 07-06-2009, 10:50 PM
Chivone

I can't agree with you more. X-Heli is HORRIBLE!! The G2 was never off the ground hovering for more than 5 feet, when all of a sudden, HELL ON EARTH with this thing. It just turned to a big pile of **** in no time flat.

The stock electronics are HORRIBLE, and not to be trusted for any length of time. GD Communists.
If you ask me, I think this helicopter is just plain junk. And I'm no newbie either. It's just junk.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:22 AM
Chivone

Hey Andy

I've been reading all the posts about the raptor g2, and quite frankly....I'm disturbed. The electronics are HORRIBLE. The problems with this helicopter are across the board. People are finding faulty gyros, faulty servos, faulty transmitters, all in relation to a heli that spins uncontrollable. Ok, fundamentals 101:

If the pitch is off.....you are NEVER getting off the ground. As for spinning? OMG....could be anything. Bad servo, stripped tail gear, stripped belt, gyro not sending signal, transmitter not sending signal. Where the FCK do you start.

SO.....first off, I'll check to see if the gyro is a piece of **** like everyone says. I disconnected the motor from the esc, and rotated the heli to see if I get any authority from the tail...what do YOU think. Yeah, you guessed it. Nothing. Bad gyro? How can the gyro go so fast....it's never had more that 14 minutes continuous on the motor, or never more than 2 feet off the ground.

If it isn't the gyro, instead of getting another transmitter, do you think I could bind the G2 to my spectrum transmitter from my Eflite Blade 400, and see THEN if the pile of **** really is a pile of ****?

I will give it this much. When I first got it, I did the usual once over, then fired it up, hovered around a bit, and no sooner than I'd admit, it turned nasty, and hasn't been the same since. But in those first few minutes, I was impressed with the smoothness and quietness, and the cadillac handling. But then it just plain 'ol turned to ****.
I'm beginning to think this is going to make a nice display dust collectorl.

What do you think?
Old 07-15-2009, 03:42 PM
yadac123

what you need to do the first thing is to stop your frustration and keep an open mind. You are in a learning process and if the heli doesn't fly that doesn't mean it's broken. You just can't become an instant pilot overnight. Please be patient and hobby is fun if and only if you do it right. Don't blame the machine and blame yourself for don't know the background knowledge on the mechanics of the heli. Bottom line: keep an open mind and this is the attitude we all should be having towards hobby.

ok do a test for me. If you hold the tail rotor tight with your right hand and spin the main gear clockwise with your left hand. Are you able to spin the main gear clockwise? You should not be able to spin the main gear because the tail rotor is held tight by your right hand and there should be a lock. If there is no lock that means you need to replace 50h08-26. This lock necessary for the gyro and tail servo to work. Let me know before I help you futher? what's your order number?

Andy
ORIGINAL: Chivone

Hey Andy

I've been reading all the posts about the raptor g2, and quite frankly....I'm disturbed. The electronics are HORRIBLE. The problems with this helicopter are across the board. People are finding faulty gyros, faulty servos, faulty transmitters, all in relation to a heli that spins uncontrollable. Ok, fundamentals 101:

If the pitch is off.....you are NEVER getting off the ground. As for spinning? OMG....could be anything. Bad servo, stripped tail gear, stripped belt, gyro not sending signal, transmitter not sending signal. Where the FCK do you start.

SO.....first off, I'll check to see if the gyro is a piece of **** like everyone says. I disconnected the motor from the esc, and rotated the heli to see if I get any authority from the tail...what do YOU think. Yeah, you guessed it. Nothing. Bad gyro? How can the gyro go so fast....it's never had more that 14 minutes continuous on the motor, or never more than 2 feet off the ground.

If it isn't the gyro, instead of getting another transmitter, do you think I could bind the G2 to my spectrum transmitter from my Eflite Blade 400, and see THEN if the pile of **** really is a pile of ****?

I will give it this much. When I first got it, I did the usual once over, then fired it up, hovered around a bit, and no sooner than I'd admit, it turned nasty, and hasn't been the same since. But in those first few minutes, I was impressed with the smoothness and quietness, and the cadillac handling. But then it just plain 'ol turned to ****.
I'm beginning to think this is going to make a nice display dust collectorl.

What do you think?
Old 07-15-2009, 10:26 PM
Chivone

Hi Andy,

Thanks for replying. I will be the first to admit, that I get frustrated fast, mostly because of screws that were loc-tighted way too much at the factory where you need a drill to take them off, and poor design features on these helicopters that are being sold from china. Dam commies!

Anyway, all frustration aside, it IS an addictive hobby. No doubt about it.

So, with that being said, I did check to see if that belt was loose by holding the tail rotor and trying to spin the main rotors clockwise. There is no play, the rotors will not move, and I don't want to force them.

The only real thing I did, was check for a gyro lock by turning the heli to see if there was any response to the tail moving. There wasn't.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:48 AM
Chivone

Hi Andy

I need help. I've done the basic tests on the gyro/servo for the tail spinning, but want to make sure I don't go and buy a new gyro only to find that is not the problem. They are not cheap. That tail keeps spinning....FAST.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:17 PM
Centrocontrol

Hello Chivone, Andy. Im a G2 owner too. Bought it at Raidentech last year, Because its price I tought it was a big deal. Sincerely, im new in this hobby,so I see I started with a hard heli. I just use it practicing and doing little hovers, while I learn to fly it well. Weeks ago it started to spin as many here say. Inoticed the switches behind the transmiter, moved some with no response for my heli. At first I tought it was the tail servo, bought a new one, but was the same. Any help ? tip? I just did what you recommend Chivone, the rotor not moves,it´s locked too. thanks in advance. Luis G.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:48 PM
yadac123

A gyro is useless if the servo is not working. Bypass the gyro and plug the tail servo directly into rudder channel on the receiver. Are you able to control the servo?

Andy
ORIGINAL: Chivone

Hi Andy

I need help. I've done the basic tests on the gyro/servo for the tail spinning, but want to make sure I don't go and buy a new gyro only to find that is not the problem. They are not cheap. That tail keeps spinning....FAST.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:50 PM
yadac123

Can you tell me which switch moved? When you turn on your radio now, what color is the light displaying?

Andy
ORIGINAL: Centrocontrol

Hello Chivone, Andy. Im a G2 owner too. Bought it at Raidentech last year, Because its price I tought it was a big deal. Sincerely, im new in this hobby,so I see I started with a hard heli. I just use it practicing and doing little hovers, while I learn to fly it well. Weeks ago it started to spin as many here say. I noticed the switches behind the transmiter, moved some with no response for my heli. At first I tought it was the tail servo, bought a new one, but was the same. Any help ? tip? I just did what you recommend Chivone, the rotor not moves,it´s locked too. thanks in advance. Luis G.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:08 PM
Centrocontrol

Andy, I moved some switches, but looking for the right configuration I found here a post with it. Actually my TX is color purple.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:41 PM
Chivone

Hi Andy

I tried that, and I noticed that the clips are a different size, I pulled the gyro clip out of the receiver, to connect the servo directly to the receiver, by passing the gyro, and the clip on the servo end is a different size than would fit into the receiver.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:41 AM
yadac123

DOn't worry about it you can cut that clip aka key off and insert it into the receiver. Please pay attention to the wiring and connect it in the same direction along with the other wires.

Andy
Old 01-11-2010, 02:25 AM
Dnutz

Andy,
When i turn my main rotor clockwise with my left hand (with mild force) and keep my right hand on the tail rotor, it clicks. Does that mean it is stripped? I mean it feels like it is locked, but when i apply mild to medium force it slips..please help because my Raptor G2 spins counterclockwise out of control before i hover. I disconnected the motor and set the DIP switches to factory(2,4,8)and to the ones you mentioned later in this posting (2,4,6,7)....but i get no response from the tail rotor (servo). At first it was glitchy, now it doesn't work at all! Help!
Thanks
David
Old 01-11-2010, 11:03 PM
yadac123

Yes stripped please replace part #26. Or your belt tension is not enough and the belt is slipping. loose up the 4 screws that locks the boom into the frame and pull it back and then tighten up 4 screws again and see if that helps.

Tail rotor servo connects to the gyro so I recommend you by pass it and connect directly into receiver 4th channel and try it out.

Andy
ORIGINAL: Dnutz

Andy,
When i turn my main rotor clockwise with my left hand (with mild force) and keep my right hand on the tail rotor, it clicks. Does that mean it is stripped? I mean it feels like it is locked, but when i apply mild to medium force it slips..please help because my Raptor G2 spins counter clockwise out of control before i hover. I disconnected the motor and set the DIP switches to factory (2,4,8) and to the ones you mentioned later in this posting (2,4,6,7)....but i get no response from the tail rotor (servo). At first it was glitchy, now it doesn't work at all! Help!
Thanks
David
Old 01-12-2010, 09:46 PM
Dnutz

ok so i loosened the boom from the frame, pulled it back and tightened it back in....that fixed the slipping problem.  But still cant get the rudder to work correctly.  I have right rudder but no left.  After the heli initializes and the tail rotor centers, i get no response from left rudder.  I unplugged the tail rotor servo bypassing the gyro and plugged into #4 on the receiver and the same thing happens! no left!  What can be going on?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.