Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Exceed RC Support - Helicopter
Reload this Page >

Exceed-RC Raptor G2 Keeps Spining

Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Exceed-RC Raptor G2 Keeps Spining

Old 01-12-2010, 11:08 PM
kaufmanp92eb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Exceed-RC Raptor G2 Keeps Spining

Everyone seems to think so poorly about x-heli. I am a heli pilot for my job, but new to rc heli. I purchased a raptor g2 premium ed. from xheli and I think its a great heli. I have crashed it bad twice and had to fix many parts on it. Every time I ordered my parts from x-heli and they have been helpfull and fast in their order processing and shipping. My only complaint is that nobody told me the premium edition has a longer tail boom. Other than that it has been great. I am hopelessly addicted to this hobby. I agree the g2 was a lot to start with, but its a learning process and fun as hell.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:28 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its possible that your servo could be dead. When you by pass the gyro and connect to ch4, I want you to remove the servo arm from the servo and reposition the arm on the servo so that the arm and the servo case is 90 degree and perpendicular to each other. Does the servo still going only right? did you make sure your rudder trim is at the center?

Andy
ORIGINAL: Dnutz

ok so i loosened the boom from the frame, pulled it back and tightened it back in....that fixed the slipping problem. But still cant get the rudder to work correctly. I have right rudder but no left. After the heli initializes and the tail rotor centers, i get no response from left rudder. I unplugged the tail rotor servo bypassing the gyro and plugged into #4 on the receiver and the same thing happens! no left! What can be going on?
Old 01-13-2010, 08:33 PM
yadac123

ORIGINAL: kaufmanp92eb

Everyone seems to think so poorly about x-heli. I am a heli pilot for my job, but new to rc heli. I purchased a raptor g2 premium ed. from xheli and I think its a great heli. I have crashed it bad twice and had to fix many parts on it. Every time I ordered my parts from x-heli and they have been helpfull and fast in their order processing and shipping. My only complaint is that nobody told me the premium edition has a longer tail boom. Other than that it has been great. I am hopelessly addicted to this hobby. I agree the g2 was a lot to start with, but its a learning process and fun as hell.
Thanks

Andy
Old 01-13-2010, 10:54 PM
Dnutz

ok thanks andy i'll try that next. Once initialized, isn't the red LED light on the gyro supposed to be on (not blinking)? Mine blinks! I have the dip switches set to 2467....right? If it's blinking then it's not in HH mode am i correct? Could this be the problem? If i replace the gyro and the servo would this be a quick fix? Im finding out a lot about this stuff and am getting addicted! Your info is much appreciated!
David
ORIGINAL: yadac123

Its possible that your servo could be dead. When you by pass the gyro and connect to ch4, I want you to remove the servo arm from the servo and reposition the arm on the servo so that the arm and the servo case is 90 degree and perpendicular to each other. Does the servo still going only right? did you make sure your rudder trim is at the center?

Andy

ok so i loosened the boom from the frame, pulled it backand tightenedit back in....that fixed the slipping problem. But still cant get the rudder to work correctly. I have right rudder but no left. After the heli initializes and the tail rotor centers, i get no response from left rudder. I unplugged the tail rotor servo bypassing the gyro and plugged into #4 on the receiver and the same thing happens! no left! What can be going on?
Old 01-14-2010, 02:48 AM
Dnutz

ok so i connected the servo directly to the receiver and set the arm perpendicular...rudder trim in the middle...no luck.  Nothing seems to work but im a newbie...could be something simple idk...but i can't get it to work.  Only get right rudder working. No left...
David
Old 01-15-2010, 06:41 PM
yadac123

ok plug another servo into the same slot on the radio. How does that go? If you are able to get left and right for the new servo that means the tail servo is bad.

Andy
Old 01-16-2010, 01:41 AM
Dnutz

i plugged in two other servos and just get the right stick working...nothing from the left
Old 01-16-2010, 10:29 AM
kaufmanp92eb

The red light on mine is not on at all. It blinks untill it initalizes then when it gives the three beeps to let you know its ready to go, the light turns off. when I fly the tail is wagging back and forth. everything I have tried does not stop it. I read that throwing dip switch 12 will mess up your settings. I unfortunately did that before I read it. is there any way to get the settings back?
[quote]ORIGINAL: Dnutz

ok thanks andy i'll try that next. Once initialized, isn't the red LED light on the gyro supposed to be on (not blinking)? Mine blinks! I have the dip switches set to 2467....right? If it's blinking then it's not in HH mode am i correct? Could this be the problem? If i replace the gyro and the servo would this be a quick fix? Im finding out a lot about this stuff and am getting addicted! Your info is much appreciated!
David
Old 01-16-2010, 10:36 AM
kaufmanp92eb

I found another post about tail wagging. It said to put the dials on top of the remote to 12 o'clock, throw dip 12, turn left dial to 3 o'clock, and throw dip 12 back. I did it and when I turned the left dial to 3 o'clock the red light on my gyro came back on steady. I took it out and no more wagging. WooHoo!!!!!
Old 01-16-2010, 01:25 PM
Dnutz

hey kaufmann thanks for the post...Man this Exceed Raptor is not at all Ready to Fly out of the box! Mine is all messed up but im determined to get it in the air! Im thinking now my whole problem is the TX...im not sure though. I'll try what you said.
I have messed with the settings of v1 and v2 so much now, last night i couldn't get the pitch right, so i couldn't get it off the ground to check to see if the spinning issue is still there. UUGGGG! I know it will be though cuz i can't get anyleft rudder to work...but maybe if i get gyro working properly, then it will work!

I found another post about tail wagging. It said to put the dials on top of the remote to 12 o'clock, throw dip 12, turn left dial to 3 o'clock, and throw dip 12 back. I did it and when I turned the left dial to 3 o'clock the red light on my gyro came back on steady. I took it out and no more wagging. WooHoo!!!!!
Old 01-19-2010, 09:10 PM
yadac123

ok I think something is not right on the radio and receiver. What's your order number? I can have you send it back and a tech will take a look.

Andy

i plugged in two other servos and just get the right stick working...nothing from the left
Old 01-19-2010, 09:15 PM
yadac123

One thing beginner get it mix up is that RTF means ready to fly, that doesn't mean you do not need to trim and setup the heli. RTF means you do not need to assemble anything at all. Keep in mind that starting with a 6ch is like asking for trouble. You need to be patient because you are trying to learn how to run before you even know how to walk.

Andy

hey kaufmann thanks for the post...Man this Exceed Raptor is not at all Ready to Fly out of the box! Mine is all messed up but im determined to get it in the air! Im thinking now my whole problem is the TX...im not sure though. I'll try what you said.
I have messed with the settings of v1 and v2 so much now, last night i couldn't get the pitch right, so i couldn't get it off the ground to check to see if the spinning issue is still there. UUGGGG! I know it will be though cuz i can't get any left rudder to work...but maybe if i get gyro working properly, then it will work!

Old 01-19-2010, 10:13 PM
Dnutz

Andy,
I don't have my order number but i have the credit card transaction number...maybe they can look up my order number if need be...would like to have someone take a look! Tell me what i need to do...thanks!
David
Old 01-21-2010, 08:15 PM
yadac123

ok how about you Private msg me the name and address so I can look you up into our DB.

Andy

Andy,
I don't have my order number but i have the credit card transaction number...maybe they can look up my order number if need be...would like to have someone take a look! Tell me what i need to do...thanks!
David
Old 02-15-2010, 09:55 PM
gclow

Please verify that the gyro has to be set to reverse.

Thank you,

Old 02-17-2010, 08:30 PM
yadac123

Left switch is on NOR, right switch is on REV. This is true if your tail servo is on the same side as when the servo is installed at the factory.

Andy
Old 02-18-2010, 12:44 PM
gclow

Thank you,
Old 02-19-2010, 08:54 PM
yadac123

Andy
Old 02-23-2010, 10:33 AM
Dnutz

hey andy just wanted to say thanks, i sent in my raptor and within 4 days i received it back from xheli.  It flies!  Seems thay they replaced the tail servo?  Im not sure if that's all they replaced, but now it's hovering!
David
Old 02-25-2010, 08:35 PM
yadac123

kool

Andy
Old 06-09-2011, 12:39 PM
cq842000

I'm having the same issue with mine, wish I knew what was going on.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:22 PM
cq842000

Okay, I found the issue with the tail rotor not centering and possibly the uncontrollable spinning issue. I swapped the AUX 1 (pit servo) with the AUX 2 (gyro), so that now the gyro is AUX 1, and the tail rotor centers perfectly. This however was the high point of an otherwise fruitless day because now it appears that either my brand new ESC is kaput or my motor and rotated it's last magnet. When I plug in the ESC, the motor makes no beeps (I've tried switching the plugs), yet the servos still move like a freshly reanimated corpse minus the torso and head.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:25 PM
cq842000

Alright... I figured it out. Even after reversing the gyro and confirming all settings and checks, it was still spinning like crazy. As it turns out, a little adhesive, a toothpick, and a stripped tail belt pulley made the difference. It seems that part was the cheapest, and I advise everyone having this spinning issue to glue or affix in some manner, the pulley attached to the belt, to the tail gear shaft. My tail rotor wasnt getting enough RPMs due to the slippage, but now it's ACE and no more spinning.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:22 PM
hvhooch

Ok... enough of the Xheli bashing.......I have purchased 3 heli's form them and have been completely satisfied.......I own a G2 Raptor......If you buy a raptor...purchase a Detrum Gyro.....You will be glad you did...... The second purchase was Dynam 450 Heli.......Nice Heli........the 3rd bird was EXI 450 pro kit.............Used EXI servos and Detrum Gyro............Very nice Heli..........  The guys at Xheli are great....have had nothing but great products and good customer service from them.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:59 PM
Mikey53

New to the game and been having lots of problems. But, to get to my question. Just changed out my whole tail section, now my gyro blinks, then nothing. Never did that before. Someone here had the same problem and had the answer about throwing Dip 12. Well on my tranmitter, I do not have a Dip 12, just 1-10?????? Or could they have ment Dip 1 and 2??????

Just a little lost here.........

Mike

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.