Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Exceed RC Support - Helicopter
Reload this Page >

Exceed-RC Raptor G2 Keeps Spining

Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Exceed-RC Raptor G2 Keeps Spining

Old 08-16-2011, 06:02 PM
hvhooch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Exceed-RC Raptor G2 Keeps Spining

Ok a few things.... If thats the G2 raptor that you have you need to chage the GYRO.......sounds like you crashed and bent the tail......those Gyro's do not hold up well with crashes......get the Detrum GY92 I think...its the smaller Detrum Gyro......also check your servo mounting for the rite distance from tail.. then also check the tail servo horn...where the tail rod connects...make sure you have proper hole.......there are a lot of factors involved......chech for range of servo motion.......it may be to great... I would still change the GYRO......Xheli has the DETRUM Gyro for around 12.00 dollars......very nice GYRO I use then on all my HELI'S

Old 08-17-2011, 03:22 PM
Mikey53

I guess I forgot to mention it is the Raptor G2. Besides getting a new Gyro, where can I find the correct mesurment for the servo from tail and servo range? I know this is not the righthelicopter to start out with but is was a present........nice present, but a little advanced for a beginner. But it is a very nice helicopter.

Mike
Old 08-22-2011, 02:17 PM
Mikey53

Ok, so I went to Xheli. com and I can not finf a Detrum GY92?????  There is a Gy48V and a GY192. So where do I find a GY92 or dod the numbers not get typed right.

Thanks for your Help

Mike
Old 09-16-2011, 01:45 PM
pkeks

Whats the best way to access the tail pulley gear?
Old 09-16-2011, 07:46 PM
hvhooch

Yes it was a typo.......its the GY192.......they work great with the raptor.....and most 450 heli's..........
Old 09-16-2011, 07:55 PM
hvhooch

You have to disassemble the heli to gain access to the tail rotor gear........sometimes after a crash the gear will mess up making heli spin.......change gears and replace gyro with GY192......there is no specifin measurement for tail rod servo adjust....try to keep the 90 degree angle withthe servo horn......with the tail blades in neutral position....that will get you close for alignment.....then you can fine tune it with Tx........let me know how it goes or any questions...........I have a G2 Raptor and have had it apart several times....... I also have a Dynam 450....it came with theGY192....gyro.......I had gyro issues with raptor and decided to try the Dynam'sGY192....it worked perfectly......XHELI has them for about 13.00 bucks.....great deal........just plug it in and your ready......

Old 09-17-2011, 07:09 AM
pkeks

Thanks hvhooch, your advice and instructions were just what I was hoping for. I was afraid I was going to have to dissasemble... just thought there might have been an easier way. New gyro was a good call too.

pkeks
Old 11-14-2012, 07:34 PM
Fidy$Trainer
My Feedback: (1)

Hey from what I can tell your an Exceed G2 Raptor Guru. A friend of mine gave me his because he couldlnt fly it. Can you share with me how to calibrate the Gyro? Everytime I get it up in the air it wants to roll to the right. Trimming does very little someone told me you have to reset the gyro but I cant find any instructions. I have the brushless version with plastic partns.

ORIGINAL: yadac123

Please make sure on your gyro setting is not DS because the tail servos is not digital. Set to normal and reverse and your servo will last a long time.

Thanks
ORIGINAL: joliyosa

Customer services of ExceedRC.com and Xheli.com does not exist!! All my tech inquireries have been just ignored. There is no Manual how to fix any troubles. I went to Walkera.com by finding that Raptor G2 is just a copy cat of Walkera 36. I could get parts from Hongkong in a few days.

I learned to find the cause in a hard way by experimenting many.
- When the tail rotor holding pin is slipping because the rubber pully inside the tail section is damaged, the tail blade did not rotate occasionally or well to the heli started spinning for the tail not being effective. The fix is to glue the tail pully to the shaft not to freely rotate. The rubber puly was available only from Walkera, Hongkong at a few dollors.

The tail servo burnt three times no matter how I adjusted the TX and G011 by getting new servos three times. Instead of keep buying the replacement, I bought and installed Futaba GY401 and S9254 Combo via HeliHobby.com at $199.99. The heli is flying very well with the high stability heading!