Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Exceed RC Support - Helicopter
Reload this Page >

Flight Simulator Advice

Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Flight Simulator Advice

Old 01-13-2008, 07:08 PM
AZheli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flight Simulator Advice

I'd like to start from scratch with this question, since I've already downloaded FMS, and have spent waay too much time downloading & re-downloading PPjoy. I need Fast, free and something that I can use with my TX the COM port cable that came with it.

Problem with the PPjoy is that it downloads & I can run the install, right up to the point where it is unable to find the needed files in the download folder to continue. Options are Retry, Abort, or Ignore. All I get is an unsuccessful load error message.

The PPjoy & FMS websites, FAQ's and download advice doesn't help. I've waded thru some of the forums, but no help there, either.

I'm running on Windows ME.

Anyone have the how-to knowledge to either recommend a realistic fix for my FMS/PPjoy problem, or an informed recommendation on alternate SIM software?
Old 01-13-2008, 08:28 PM
RobBeach

Default RE: Flight Simulator Advice

Try this link for support and Windows ME..
http://www.tti-us.com/sim/FMSop.html

and then the next best bet is buying a USB "fake" transmitter.. thats what I
have.. they are all over the place for about $20...
It is a transmitter that plugs into any USB port tjat works with the FMS program... but not a real Tx...

Make sure you are downloading a stable "beta" version of the software... not the first listed
download you find on the site.
It sounds more like a computer problem than the software problem if you have downloaded
the stable version.

beta stable version
Version 2.0 Beta 7 (Windows 9x/ME/2000) - recommended Version
http://www.n.ethz.ch/student/mmoelle.../fmsdisk01.exe
Old 01-13-2008, 08:56 PM
AZheli

Default RE: Flight Simulator Advice

Thanks for the links, RobBeach, but I've been all over both of them & no go. I'm already using the most current FMS version.

As for computer problem ... good idea. I'll download it all over again on another PC later this week[sm=tongue_smile.gif]