Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wild Eagle 50

I have a eagle 50 that when you plug in the battery it goes wide open. It is not in stunt mode, every thing else works fine with the transmitter commands, swash plate, tail rotor, everything except when you plug the battery in it goes wide open no matter what you do with the throttle.

I also have a Raptor 50 and 30 in nitro so I know Helis but this one I can't figure out. I tryed to contact Exceed RC about this but after 50 hours of trying to get someone on the phone and many e-mails I still haven't heard from them. I know I will never buy another one with this kind of support. Can someone please help me with this thing or should I just junk it? Thank you!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Wild Eagle 50

ORIGINAL: Larry46

I have a eagle 50 that when you plug in the battery it goes wide open. It is not in stunt mode, every thing else works fine with the transmitter commands, swash plate, tail rotor, everything except when you plug the battery in it goes wide open no matter what you do with the throttle.
    I know nothing about the eagle 50, but it sounds like a bad esc. As if the mosfet controlling the main motor is "blown closed" so that it's always on.
    Helicopter: Closest fulfillment of the flying horse and magic carpet. Igor Sikorsky
    Royal EVO9 TX/F40,HBFP,Trex450Sport

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

can you make sure your trottle dip switch on the back has not been changed? Refer to your manual and set the dip switches back to default. If still goes wide open then let me know your order number and I'll replace your esc.

Thanks
    Andy
    ORIGINAL: Larry46

I also have a Raptor 50 and 30 in nitro so I know Helis but this one I can't figure out. I tryed to contact Exceed RC about this but after 50 hours of trying to get someone on the phone and many e-mails I still haven't heard from them. I know I will never buy another one with this kind of support. Can someone please help me with this thing or should I just junk it? Thank you!
    Andy - Official Exceed RC Support Forum Host

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have a eagle 50 that I had since Nov., I have flew if very much, but it seems that the motor has gone out already. Is that suppose to happen?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Andy, the switches are in the right location, still goes wide open when battery is installed. What order number are you talking about? The Heli was given to me as a gift so I have no paper work.

Thanks, Larry