Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Exceed RC Support - Helicopter
Reload this Page >

New Exceed RC - Blades not spinning

Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

New Exceed RC - Blades not spinning

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 04:48 AM
MF35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Exceed RC - Blades not spinning

Hi Folks,
Im new to this hobby and yesterday i got my new exceed RC brought in (to Ireland) from from America.

Anyways, i followed the instructions to set up the heli last night, switched everything on and when i throole up and down, the blades of the heli will not spin at all. It looks like there is no power getting to the motor.

Everything else looks to be working fine. When i throttle up and down the Pitch servos are moving/working fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Like i said, im new to this hoby and have very little experience with RC helicopters. Hopefully, its all about to improve.

thanks,
D...
Old 02-06-2008, 12:38 PM
rparn2
My Feedback: (11)

Default RE: New Exceed RC - Blades not spinning

Did you turn the transmitter on first and make sure the throttle stick was all down if throttle is not all the way down it will not spin the main blades when you move the stick the reciever will not set properly hope this helps happy flying Rick ps also throttle trim next to throttle stick must be at lowest position.
Old 02-06-2008, 03:47 PM
[email protected]

Hi C,

I am a new user with the Raptor also and lots of luck flying the thing. Before you
are even concerned about the prop turning you should get a helicopter simulator.

The first thing I would do with the blades is check the set screw on the large gear
that turns the blades, mine worked loose and would not turn the blades. Believe
me the thing is difficult to fly, just wanders all over the place as you can see if you
review some of the videos of flights. The biggest problem I have found is making
sure the paddles are adjusted correctly.

Jim W. in SC
Old 02-06-2008, 05:08 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make sure your idle switch is sent to normal flight mode.

Andy
Old 02-07-2008, 07:15 AM
MF35

Hi, Thanks for the replies there lads.
I am new to this and i need to start with the basics.
The flight simulator is my next purchase. However, i need to make sure that my new purchase is working before i go any further.
there is a wire out from the bottom of the heli with the little red button and when you push it and let it off, a red led in a little box lites up and off? What is this for? Would it have anything to do with the problem.

I dont want to be turning too many switches on/off ans i dont want to mess the thing up.

One thing that i noticed last night is that when i turn on the control and then connect the battery in the Heli, the led on the gyro will flash while they are initialising and then after a few seconds will switch off completely. From reading the instructions, the LED in the gyro is supposed to stay lit up after initilisation is complete.
Would this have anything to do with the DIP switches setup in the controller? Im not 100% sure tyhat they are still at the same setup as they were when it came out of the box. Is there anywhere that i can check the DIP settings against?
Old 02-07-2008, 08:49 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that red button is a safety button you press and hold to initialize the main motor.

you gryo should stay red if not then you have make adjustment on dip switch 12. Do not make adjustment because it's already done for you unless you know what you are doing.

refer to gyro sensitivity on the manual.

Andy
Old 02-08-2008, 04:06 AM
MF35

Thanks a mill Andy - that did the trick!

Now all i have to do is learn to fly... Happy days!
Old 02-08-2008, 10:12 PM
AZheli

Bought in America .... now in Ireland ... Hmmm ... RC Heli = Money Pit.

Just my opinion , but I'd take my time acclimating to the RC aircraft:

Step one is to stretch out on a long plank table in the local pub of your choice. Place the heli on your chest, initialize the gyro, then commence consuming pints of Guinness. The room will eventually spin, but the heli gyro will prevent you from falling from the table.

It's a sound theory, and bears further investigation ... try it and be sure to post pictures.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:25 AM
Jimbo11350

hello all,

I am having the same problem (the blades are not spinning). I have tried everything you guys have recommended and I have read the manual a few times. *** mate,

jimmy
Old 05-07-2008, 09:54 PM
huey1639

Youll see a red button hanging from the speed controller. Turn transmitter on, plug in raptor wait a couple seconds then hold that little red button in for about 2 seconds. if you havent tried it see if it works. Its just a safety switch for the motor.