Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Exceed RC Support - Helicopter
Reload this Page >

The Exceed Blazing star..Yes,...I did the search

Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

The Exceed Blazing star..Yes,...I did the search

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 04:51 PM
wilga12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Exceed Blazing star..Yes,...I did the search

Say Andy,...................................or others that know..

I'd think that there would be some threads here concerning the Blazing Star..?? Is the thing really out and how's it doin'..??

Is this Co-ax copter still so new that no one has had any problems with it yet..?? Or are the two places that are advertising them for sale,...Not having them in stock to sell..??

The little guy looks like he might be a pretty good copter,...I'm using my CX's (By E-flite) to judge this.. I'm really excited about the bigger size over the CX as well as the larger Capacity of the Lipo..!

The overall build quality looks to be a step up, on the CX's as well......But sometimes,.. you don't see all there is to see, from pictures,..Either..

Any input helpful here,...Especially if some one already has one... Thanks,..........................Dave..
Old 03-17-2008, 05:51 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: The Exceed Blazing star..Yes,...I did the search

under xheli.com there is a video they made on the blazing star so you can see it for yourself. The blazing star is good to hover as a beginner.

I believe the CX has 2.4Ghz so it's different. I won't compare it to eflite.

Andy
Old 03-18-2008, 01:13 AM
wilga12

Thanks for kickin' in there,.. Andy...

I've seen the video from Xheli ...I was looking for some first hand opinions and views from some owners...There must be surprisingly few as no one has stepped up to the mic here..??...Do you have any stick time with the BS..??

Your statement about the CX isn't quite right.. The CX2 has,.. as it's only real feature over the CX the addition of a 2.4ghz Tx/Rx Also different plastic body panels and a seperate reciever,... and a 3 in one...But the same meat and potatos under the canopy...

The way in which you say : "The BS is good to hover,as a beginner" Makes me want to ask if the balance of the cyclic moves are not in existence..??

Can you give me a little more about the BS...Since you are the rep..?? Or,.. I should say "Host" is that the same thing..??

Are the sales of copters good..?? ..Are the electronics reliable and able to hold their adjustments..?? This kind of thing..??

Thanks Again,..........................................Da ve..

Old 04-09-2008, 11:04 AM
HUNTERANDJEFF

I have the blazing star. Out of the box, it flew and hovered like there is no tomorrow! Very good ship. Out of the box it is very balance and smooth. Don't expect alot of forward flight for this is a hover machine. I would like to see faster rudder stop though - that area is a bit mushy. Overall experience is that it is a very good, tough beginner's ship. I did have problems with frequency glitches though and after I took the crappy stock batteries out of the transmitter and put in rechargeable 2300mah batteries the glitching was gone. I had about 50 flights on mine without one crash and then I was flying it at my parent's house on Easter and my dad's dog ran out to it, I tried to avoid the dog by hovering up to about 7' hit a rope that was hanging from the ceiling and down it went - upside down. It broke a few things like the flybar conecter and bent the main blade holder and shattered the canopy. It doesn't fly now but I have new parts on order. Problem is, alot of stuff that you need is on back order all of the time. That is very frustrating to me and alot of others.
Jeff
Old 04-09-2008, 02:51 PM
wilga12

H and J,.... Thanks VERY MUCH, for your input...

Do you happen to have any stick time with an E-flite CX or CX2 just to be able to compare the two copters..??

I was thinking that I'd also pick-up one of the B.S. because I really do like the pivoting blades and the abundance of aluminum in the build...

But after noting what you've said in relation to the foward flight qualities I' think I'm gonna pass...Even if you'd said nothing about the ff qualities ....The fact that "Back Ordered" is so common-place,...would also cause a "Pass"..

Ya' did good "BRO",..................................Dave..
+

PS... Oh I forgot to say How much I enjoy your signature line... Causes some Good giggles AND some Bad memories...I usually am not lucky enough to get my crashes to happen nearly so conveniently...
Old 04-10-2008, 11:19 AM
HUNTERANDJEFF

Dave, you are the first person to ever comment on my signature line. Thanks, it is exactly how I see it. LOL For an indoor ship forward flight is just fine. Outside in the slightest breeze though it has a bit of problems keeping up. I really like how long I can fly it though without a charge. Usually about 12+ minutes. Compared to a cx2 I really don't know but I do have an esky lama v4 and the blazing star has better forward flight than it does although not as precise. Out of the box though, It is so well balanced and the tracking on the blades is so good that you can hardly feel the vibration in your hand when holding it.
Jeff