Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

EXCEED RC MOTOR

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 03:03 PM
Halekyn Steel the pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: EXCEED RC MOTOR

Also, what's the deal with the sticker-issue? I never heard about it... and why do i need a heat sink? Where can i get a good one?
Old 08-04-2008, 08:09 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the eagle 50 has sticker decal on the main motor so I cover one of the hole. That problem has been resolved.

Andy
Old 08-05-2008, 05:14 PM
Halekyn Steel the pilot

Okay, thanks andy. I think I got my copter before the sticker issue was resolved, so I'll be sure to remove it from the new motor when I get it installed... someday. lol
Old 02-14-2009, 06:38 PM
JakeFortune

I beg to differ. I just bought an Eagle 50 v2 - Feb 09. Back in April of 08 you stated all new Eagles would have the sticker removed from the motor. Mine came with a sticker. Are you saying newer models have a long shelf life and have been in stock for 8 months?

The bigger issue is that since the receiver blew the moment I applied power, I have not been able to fly the helicopter. I've asked for an RMA, but have been given a runaround. I've been promised an RMA, it just never comes. I've attempted to call in, but the phone is busy each time. If they have that much phone traffic, they need additional employees!

My impression of Exceed and Raidentech is that they do not value the return customer. They have lost my future business and I have no restraint in telling everyone I meet that the company screwed me.

Old 02-18-2009, 10:23 PM
gws

I purchased my eagle 50 in January and have had a lot of fun trying to figure this bird out. This is my first heli and I am hooked. I could use some help with a motor issue I experienced today. After a good flight with no problems I recharged my battery after letting it cool and got ready to try my hovering skill again.lol I have heat sinks on both motors and wait several minutes between flights. When I plugged the battery in give it some throttle to check my blade tracking I got a puff of smoke from the motor and then one from the receiver. Will exceed or xheli help with this or am i on my on. My bird is dead know and I was just getting things figured out. Cant wait to fly again. Order number is yhst-13430410192782-10177 if it helps. Any help or advise would be much appreciated. Grounded
Old 02-21-2009, 06:15 PM
gws

Talked to X-heli about my motor and receiver melt down and got my parts on the way back to them. I was pleased to get no hassle answers and should have new parts on the way soon. Just wanted to send out thanks to the staff at X-heli and to RC Universe for the info on their site. Cant wait to get back in the air. Thanks
Old 03-01-2009, 01:22 PM
gws

Got a new parts in less than a week thanks to yadac 123 and X-heli. I have had no problems dealing with this motor issue and I am glad to be back in the air. I was shocked to see the new motor with sticker still attached but it wasn't that hard to remove. New motor seems stronger. Thanks to everyone that helped with this issue and getting my parts back to me in less than a week. I am very happy with my Eagle 50 and with X-heli, I will be a return customer. Happy Flying
Old 03-08-2009, 10:00 PM
streaking

I recently bought my first heli from x-heli rc a eagle 50. I also had issues the controller was defected and after charging the battery I once again tried to get it to work nothing but the rotor would spin I turned the copter over and noticed the heat- sink?or resistor?that connected the two leads on the motor was broken I called x-heli told them my problems they asked me to ship the controller back and as for the motor they told me they would ship one out. I received the controller in about 4 days and the motor the next day.I haven't had the time to check everything out yet but the reviews on this site have helped me out alot as far as what to look for in a new motor andthings to know about installing it. I have a question about the heat-sink or resistor on the bottom of the motor. I can't read the writing on it because of the way it was solderer on. If anyone knows can can i get the info thanks!