Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Eagle 50 Tail Motor

Old 02-23-2008, 10:41 PM
hr4025

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eagle 50 Tail Motor

Can someone tell me how to remove the tail motor from the housing. I can't get it through the opening.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:49 PM
rparn2
My Feedback: (11)

Default RE: Eagle 50 Tail Motor

You have to pull the pinion gear to get it off. A puller is the safest way of doing this. Run around 12 us dollars. Happy flying Rick
Old 02-23-2008, 10:57 PM
hr4025

Thank you!
Old 02-24-2008, 01:51 PM
RobBeach

You can cut the spindle off the old motor... and then remove the gear in a vice...
by heating up the gear itself.. I am told this will remove the gear easily.

After.. that what I have done is cut a slot with a drill in the tail plastic piece so I
can reinstall the next motor with gear without having to take off the gear.
Cut the slot in the fattest part of the plastic tail piece away from the holes for mounting
the tail motor... works for me just fine. I make the hole bigger towards the boom.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:39 PM
rjd9779

Can I upgrade my tail motor on the eagle 50? Will the brushless main motor be a wise investment?
Old 04-21-2008, 07:53 AM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

eagle 50 is too small of a heli to use brushless motor. It's like putting an AMG engine on a KIA. The brush motor itself does provide plenty of power.

Andy
Old 04-22-2008, 10:54 PM
hdhg1

You know I don't think it is a matter of power but one of reliability. I waiting for my third main and tail motors. Granted I kind of abused the original motor in an unfortunate accident involving the 3D switch but the second motor did not last for more than about eight batteries. If you check the spare parts pages from xheli.com or exceedrc.com both offer a brushless motor upgrade. I been checking for weeks and they are always out of stock. I am planning on upgrading mine just for the reliability aspect. I think I have found a motor and ESC set that will work and I can get them for under $40 dollars. If the tail motor continues to be a problem I probably upgrade to a belt drive heli. I like the eagle 50 but I would rather be flying than waiting. This is my first heli and I am just getting to where I can hover. Wound up missing a couple of great flying opportunities last weekend due to these issues.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:30 PM
hdhg1

As it turned out, it wasn't the main motor but the receiver throttle function. It is being replaced under warranty by XHELI.com.