Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Exceed RC Support - Helicopter
Reload this Page >

uncontrolable tailspin raptor g2 please help

Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

uncontrolable tailspin raptor g2 please help

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 11:38 PM
huey1639

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default uncontrolable tailspin raptor g2 please help

I give up, I now have my second raptor g2 heli. I just got 4 days ago. I love there looks and would love to fly them. The yellow is what makes it so sharp. Anyway as with my first raptor g2 this one flew fine for about 5 min. then it took a mild tail hit when landing. Ive checked everything and cant seem to find anything wrong. Im new to this and have no clue about adjusting this and that the blades spin slowly then when you go to turn them by pushing the throttle stick left or right the just stop all together. I really want to fly this thing! can anyone please please help me???
Old 04-28-2008, 02:19 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: uncontrolable tailspin raptor g2 please help

Is your tail servo still working? make sure it's not stripped or anything. You gyro's left switch should be NOR and the switch on the right should be reverse.

Andy
Old 04-28-2008, 05:24 PM
huey1639

i already checked the switches, they are correct. Ill look into the the stripped servo and see if it is or not. I have about $700 in new spare parts but as usual not those ones. Thanks for youre help ill let you know whats up.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:29 PM
huey1639

well andy I checked into furthur by doing what you told somone else to do. I held the main blades and turned the tail blades and the gear at the end of the belt spins on the shaft. After looking at my gear from my first g2 it dosnt spin on the shaft and I can see what appears to be a t pin that holds it in place. I will swap them out. Im sure it will cure the prob. Cant believe it stripped out that easy. And from reading how you told others to replace it im sure its going to be fun. thanks for youre help.brian
Old 04-30-2008, 11:28 PM
yadac123

Yes when your tail is jammed tail gear will break because that's the cheapest part to replace but it's the hardest to reach to. Well have fun.

Andy
Old 06-01-2008, 04:16 AM
wayshwing

I have to say, I've busted like 3 of the tail rotor drive gears so far. The small gear that drives the belt ALWAYS breaks or strips at the T pin.

I wished someone would make one out of aluminum or steel. I'd rather replace the belt!

Wayshwing
Old 08-11-2008, 02:25 PM
marg2

will like to know if someone has found the solution to the tail spinning (upgrade)
Mariano
Old 08-11-2008, 04:34 PM
yadac123

just make sure you don't crash when you fly.

Andy
Old 08-12-2008, 09:33 PM
wayshwing

Look up at Huey's post.

The G2 tail rotor is directly driven by a belt, which is driven by a drive pulley, which in turn is driven by the tail rotor spur gear. The belt drive pulley engages its shaft using a T-pin. The drive pulley is plastic. If the tail rotor ever hits anything during flight, the drive pulley notch will break at the T-pin.

Test this by holding the tail rotor while gently turning the main rotor. If the tail rotor slips or does not turn with the main rotor, then most likely your tail rotor drive belt pulley is stripped and will need replacing.

Good luck!

wayshing

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ur52096.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	192.9 KB
ID:	1010290  
Old 08-13-2008, 04:57 PM
yadac123

Yes that's correct. If you hold the tail rotor in one hand and spin the main gear clockwise, this should be locked. if you are able to spin the main gear that mean your tail gear pulley is stripped at the T pin section.

There is a reason why the T pin gear is plastic, in even of crash it doesn't break the belt strip your tail rotor. The T part is cheapest to replace but it's hard to get to but it's possible.

Andy