Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Exceed RC Support - Helicopter
Reload this Page >

raptor g2 upgrade help please.

Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

raptor g2 upgrade help please.

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 05:30 PM
huey1639

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default raptor g2 upgrade help please.

I purchased a new brushless motor and speed controller for my 1st raptor g2 i purchased. I hooked it all up nice and neat then when i went to fire it up the blades rotated slightly then stopped. Batt. was also a lipo upgrade,fully charged and purchased as a package upgrade deal with the heli. Is there a special set adjustment i need to perform? Im new to all this. Can you help me out Andy?
Old 04-28-2008, 06:50 PM
huey1639

Default RE: raptor g2 upgrade help please.

Reference to above the motor is an exceed rc alpha series 400/63m18 500/kv3500 and the speed controler is an e sky ek1-0350, 9.2v-14.8v/25a
Old 04-30-2008, 11:26 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why didn't you get the recommend upgrade kit from us for the raptor g2? That pakcage is tested.

remove the motor from the heli and spin it up does it spin slightly and stopped?

Andy
Old 05-07-2008, 06:36 PM
huey1639

ORIGINAL: yadac123

Why didn't you get the recommend upgrade kit from us for the raptor g2? That pakcage is tested.

remove the motor from the heli and spin it up does it spin slightly and stopped?

Andy
I did. It starts to spin up the nothing
Old 05-11-2008, 07:42 PM
yadac123

ok remove the motor from the heli and trottle up does your motor spin?

If yes, that means you have binding between your motor gear and the main gear. It's too tight for the motor.

Andy
Old 05-20-2008, 06:07 PM
bmcq52

I also purchased the same upgrade from Xheli ..... didn't know Exceed had an upgrade. Anyway ... The wires from the ESC to the motor are all blue, but the ESC is marked A B C for the wires. What is the proper connection from the ESC to the motor?
Old 05-20-2008, 07:38 PM
yadac123

just plug in any way you please and then motor will turn one direction. If that's not your desire direction simply interchange any 2 wires.

Andy
Old 05-20-2008, 08:14 PM
huey1639

As to youre last instructions for me andy I did take it off the heli and nothing, I instaled it on my old raptor g2 and all im getting is a bunch of clicking coming from the the servo that the inner rod connects to. It starts slow then as I throttle up it gets faster. Not sure whats going on now. Anyway you told me in a previous post to purchase a different esc so I have the volcano 30 amp on the wat now,I also orderd another servo just in case the clicking is a stripped servo. When I get it Ill hook it all up again and see what happens...Also I sent you a pm a while back about my new one not lifting off the ground. I took youre advise and adjusted the pitch as you said and it worked...thank you for the help.. Bad thing is after about 3 min flight time trying to get it adjusted .....crash.... Its now in pieces waiting for my new parts..lol.. My bad
Old 05-21-2008, 12:21 AM
yadac123

ok let me know

Andy
Old 05-21-2008, 10:50 AM
rftusa2008

I'm also doing the same upgrade. I bought the upgrade for the exceed (esc/motor/lipo) in XHELI for 79 bucks. I'm curious on where you put your battery. My upgraded lipo is bigger than the original lipo that came with G2. Thanks.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:05 AM
rftusa2008

I'm also doing the same upgrade. I bought the upgrade for the exceed (esc/motor/lipo) in XHELI for 79 bucks. I'm curious on where you put your battery. My upgraded lipo is bigger than the original lipo that came with G2. Thanks.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:41 PM
bmcq52

my kit came with the 1800MaH battery and it fits fine in the same spot as the original. I also have 2 4000MaH batteries that are much larger. Is it possible to relocate the ESC to the side of the frame and hang the battery underneath. Will there be enough power for the G2 to lift the additional weight or will the additional weight actually cut into the flying time?
Old 05-21-2008, 06:20 PM
huey1639

Yes you can put the battery underneath and move the esc, just make sure you balance it out real good before you secure it. Also remember that yes a larger more powerful battery is better but the xtra weight will also run it down quicker. also keep an eye on the motor the xrta weight will make it work harder and may burn it up. That is if youre using the 4000 mah and if its much heavier then the 1800 mah. I just bought an 18cell 2200mah mega power batt. from ka-planes.com it seem s be close weight wise to the one that came with the upgrade kit. Let me know how youre kit does. Im having problems with mine and per andys suggestion i ordered a new esc from xheli. 30amp volcano. By the way a good site to buy from is ka-planes.com I ordered the new batt,connectors and a couple other things last sun. and they here today already..3 days very good people to buy from.. Only thing that has me confused is there in florida and it came from florida but it had a fairly new news paper in it from china???
Old 05-22-2008, 10:33 AM
rftusa2008

I have a set of Align inrunner motor and 35A ESC that I could have used if I new the battery dimensions are the same as the one I got for the G2. My 450 heli batteries are 3cell 2200 mah 25c. My battery upgrade for G2 is 3c 1800mah 20c. The motor dimension of the original motor and the Align is almost the same.

Are you using a different TX for your upgraded G2? I'm going to install the cyclic servos tonite and hopefully I will not have trouble setting the pitch with the SPEKTRUM TX/RX. I bought 8g ESKY servos to replace the original. I have trouble with the wire binding with the outrunner motor. One of my original servo is still working so I'll use that and use the ESKY for the rest. I changed my gyro servo with digital from XHELI. That seems to work.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:00 PM
huey1639

I havent even attempted the servo upgrade yet. I dont have a clue what kind to buy myself. Im probably going to buy futiba though when I do some research on the best to get. Im just upgrading one thig at a time and getting used to that upgrade then moving on to another upgrade. Im in ohio and we havent had ver good weather yet... alot of rain and temp has only been 70 so far. Im waiting on the calm hot weather to get here. If it comes...lol
Old 05-27-2008, 10:13 PM
yadac123

Use zip ties or velcro and put it under the landing gear.

Andy
ORIGINAL: rftusa2008