Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

eagle 50 motor

okey, my eagle 50 motor burnt out for the second time, so i went to the lhs and got another 370sd motor and now it doesnt have enough head speed to take off, so what the difference, one motor i got from exceed was 9t the second was 10t.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: eagle 50 motor

You have to use the same pinon gear that originally from the eagle 50. Swap the pinion gears.

Andy
    Andy - Official Exceed RC Support Forum Host

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: eagle 50 motor

I had tried a Eflite 370SD for BCP replacement motor from my LHS while I waited for a replacement from Exceed. It had an 8 tooth pinion. 8 tooth pinion on a 370sd motor meshed to a Eagle 50 main gear doesnt produce enough headspeed to fly. No matter what you do to the pitch and throttle curves, it will only hover at best, and you will probably burn up the motor trying to figure it out. The Exceed motors have a 9 tooth pinion on them and that makes all the difference in the world.
    Might as well face it, I\'\'m addicted to Hubs.