Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Exceed G2 problem

I have a new Exceed G2 from xheli. Worked great out of the box, no crashs and no hard landings. I spooled up the other day after about 5 test flights, and the main (top) gear spins in synch with the motor gear, but doesn't spin the main blade shaft. The gears are not stripped, which I thought was the orig problem, but no. When spinning the gears manually w/ my thumb, the bottom gear spins the main shaft, but when I turn the top gear, it doesn't turn the main blades. Any ideas??? Thank you.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Exceed G2 problem

hi hey check the main bushing just below the main gears they have two set screws see if those are tight they might have come loose its happened to me also when flying that heli you need to check all the screws make sure everything is tight after every flite good luck pat35

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks, I'll check that now.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

there are 2 grub screw that lock on to the main shaft and them screws must be tight.

Andy
    Andy - Official Exceed RC Support Forum Host

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I see two screws below the bottom gear (the smaller gear), and they are tight. when i spin that gear w/ my thumb, it spins the main rotors. are there other screws that are for the top gear (the larger gear)? b/c when i spin the larger gear w/ my thumb, it doesn't turn anything.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

at the very bottom there is a smaller rod that goes in the shaft near the servo it also has a set screw see if that is tight if you still have problems there is alot of people here to ask and they are very friendly http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_50...mpage_2/tm.htm

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

that screw is tight too. but, now that i noticed that small rod, it seems like it moves a lot when i tried to tighten that one screw, does that mean that small rod is broken? do you know how far up that small rod goes? maybe that small rod broke somewhere in the bushings?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thank you, Andy. I'm at a loss. all the screws are tight though. how is the upper gear connected to the main shaft? that is where the problem is I think. i'm obviously a newbie, but i don't want to take this to a hobby shop and be charged $100 for a simple repair. Thanks for your help.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If i hold on to the main rotor tight with one hand and try to spin the main gear clockwise with another hand, this should be locked and not possible to make the turn since the main gear is locked into the main shaft by 2 hex screws. The hex screws are located under the secondary gear. If I remove these 2 screws then lock goes away.

Please make sure these 2 screws are not stripped.

here's another observation: if I spin the main rotor clockwise the secondary gear spin along with it but the main gear doesn't turn because this is the helicopter's autorotation created by the one way bearing.

Andy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the resonse. If i hold the main rotors tight w/ one hand, and turn the main gear w/ the other at the same time .....the main gear still turns freely. Its as if the main gear is still threaded to the motor gear, but nothing else.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

In that case I'm pretty sure your grub screws are are stripped or the assembly that hold the grub screws. Please replace main gear by getting part 50H08-32

Thanks
    Andy