Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Exceed RC Support - Helicopter
Reload this Page >

Newbie needing help w/ Raptor G2

Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Newbie needing help w/ Raptor G2

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 09:36 PM
raptor g2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie needing help w/ Raptor G2

I am new to rc'ing and have a Raptor G2. I crashed it the first 5 minutes I had it out when I first got it. I was able to get it fixed but it did not come with a schematic or diagram on how it goes together and fix it. Where can I find a schematic or something that will help me put the thing together for the next time?

I guess the best thing to do is not crash it.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:50 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Newbie needing help w/ Raptor G2

I must admit that you are taking on the hard way because raptor g2 is for those have 4 ch heli experience. The walkera 36 is the same as raptor g2 and here's the diagram. Hope this helps.

Thanks
Andy

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47652.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	866507  
Old 02-15-2008, 01:34 PM
Mindmelted

I just bought one of the exceed raptor g2.Should i just get rid of it,or do the upgrades everybody says you must do to get it to fly.I had a honey bee cp2 that ran to death.Or should i get the eflight blade 400.
Thanks for your time.
Old 02-15-2008, 06:39 PM
yadac123

First of all, the raptor g2 does fly with stock motor. If you want 3d you must upgrade to brless package. Xheli.com has a upgrade package for it and it has been tested by me.

The raptor g2 is not meant for beginner. If you are then it will be hard for you to fly this correctly for the first time. If you need futher help then let me know.

Andy
Old 02-16-2008, 02:42 PM
Mindmelted

I ahve tried charging the battery for g2 and the light on the charger goes green after 5 mins.I think the battery is bad,This sucks this thing is brand new and it comes with a bad battery.Really sucks,Bought it off ebay.What battery should i get for it.
Thanks,
Mindmelted[:'(][img][/img]
Old 02-16-2008, 06:16 PM
yadac123

Are you sure the battery is bad? what's the reading on the battery? is should be above 9V let me know. If it's below 9V then you can contact the ebay seller and have it exchange.

This brings me to another question. Exceed-rc does not supply to ebay seller so I was wondering which seller did you get it?

Andy
Old 02-16-2008, 07:28 PM
Mindmelted

I'd prefer not to say.But there are a few exceed raptor g2's on ebay.When you say what the battery is showing,what do you mean.I plugged the battery in for charging,and the light turned green after 5 min.Put in heli,fired her up .She span around in a circle,and then she just went dead.
Old 02-18-2008, 05:18 PM
yadac123

Check if your tail belt gear is busted or not.

Hold the tail rotor and try to spin the main gear clockwise. It should not be possible. If it's possible then you need to replace that gear.

Also is your gyro set to rev on one of the switch? I'm trying to fix your tail spin here.

Andy
Old 02-19-2008, 08:27 AM
Mindmelted

Ill check Andy.Thanks
Old 02-27-2008, 04:46 AM
jinxd

when I spin up and need to compensate for the heli rotating left by trying to give right rudder NO reposnse. I hear movement and see slight movement in the tail but no right rotation.. after every initialization I check that I get the correct responses. The tail and slider is centered without throttle.. only when I give it throttle and want or need to rotate right there's no response... I wish there's a troubleshoot guide somewhere to learn....

thanx
Old 02-27-2008, 06:06 AM
yadac123

try this:

when you swing the tail towards your chest, the tail slider should move away. When you wing the tail away from your chest, the tail slider should move towards you.

when you move rudder towards left, head should spin left and vice versa.

Andy
Old 02-27-2008, 11:58 PM
jinxd

got it thanx[8D].. I needed to give full left then swing it back for it to respond..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 06-13-2008, 03:20 PM
joaquinpachon

I have the upgrade combo for Raptor G2 from Xheli ... but the BL Motor (Alpha 400 / 3500KV) keep overheat, what happened?
thank you
Old 06-16-2008, 06:00 PM
yadac123

if normal for the brushless motor to be warm but should be able to touch it. Please make sure your main blade are tracked correctly.

Andy