Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Exceed RC Support - Helicopter
Reload this Page >

Sim: Reliable Training?

Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Sim: Reliable Training?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 10:59 AM
Diesel Power

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sim: Reliable Training?

Hi

I just got the Falcon 40. I told myself I would fly the sim with confidence (Exceed's Sim) before I fly the real bird. The sim seems erratic after calibration tweaks. Where do I begin the trouble shooting process? I would be nice for a seasoned pilot to take a look at it and say "Ya, it shouldnt be doing that: You need to do this or your transmitter is malfunctioning or its you dude, keep practicing! The layout of the controls makes no sense! Thanks
Old 03-31-2008, 07:19 AM
RobBeach

Default RE: Sim: Reliable Training?

Make sure you read the manual that came with the helicopter and you understand what the controls on the transmitter are supposed to do.
That is what makes it go left and right, back and forth on the toggle of the transmitter.

See picture is how I set it up...

Practice flying close in and around you. It will give you more realistic practice. Turn up the wind factor.

On the keyboard..... hit the number keys so you get different perspectives behind the helicopter so you don't become locked in to looking at the helicopter the same way.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18277.gif
Views:	26
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	918226  
Old 07-17-2008, 10:26 PM
cflytrap

Default RE: Sim: Reliable Training?

Hey Rob...

Your settings are a bit off. The correct way from top to bottom in this order is 4,2,1,3,4,2,1,3 with all the checkboxes checked.

4=rudder/tail
3=throttle/pitch
2=elevator/nick
1=aileron/roll

These functions work hand in hand with eachother.

Your setup combines the rudder and aileron. Hmmm now I wanna set my sim to see how your settings fly.