Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Eagle 50 T-shaped Hub

Hey Fellas,

I just replaced the T-Shaped hub on My eagle 50. When assembling the hub I put the T shaped part into the lower segment, and put the 3 O-rings in the cavity on the bottom. (for dampening effect). I screwed in the brass retaining nut and with it fully tightened their is a small amount of "slop" or "play" between the lower and upper section. It's almost like the threads on the upper T part werent machined long enough for me to fully tighten the Hub. The two halves can be pulled apart roughly 0.5mm before it stops . My original hub was tight at the joint. Solid. I can fit my thumbnail in the joint on this one.

In addition to that, the 2 small metal dowels that poke out of the top and are guides for the flybar connector holder do not fit into the holes in the Hub. I tried to press them in squarely with channel locks but decided it would bend if I applied any more force. I kinda honed the hole a little and super glued in the dowels but after benchtesting tonight I noticed one of the dowels had flew off

Anyone else have issues with this part? Maybe I just got a bad one?

Might as well face it, I\'\'m addicted to Hubs.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Eagle 50 T-shaped Hub

I think the hub is stripped so you might want to replace it.

Andy
    Andy - Official Exceed RC Support Forum Host

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Andy,

No. The hub is brand new. I assembled it correctly. I got it flying today. I had to drill the holes at the top of the hub larger for the dowels to fit. I got them in tight then tapped them home. As far as the slop in the block is concerned, I used some ca glue and glued the upper to the lower. We shall see how long that holds up. Alot of work for a part that should be ready to rock. I think i'll get another one on my next parts order.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had this experience?
    Might as well face it, I\'\'m addicted to Hubs.

Hi fly,

I've had a bit of problems with that hub. The set screw is Loc-Tie and had to use reverse drill bit to get it out. Then, I had to snug it just so you can slide it up to the top of the flat spot. Then (and I shouldn't have), used Loc-Tite again, thinking it would not loosen up. Well it did and now I need to destroy the hub to get it off. Luckily, I have 2 or 3 on hand. I know this is an old thread but I'm trying to get to the bottom of these issues so MAYBE Exceed will get it together alittle more and put out a little better machine.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

to get the locktite off you need to apply a little heat to soften the locktite, this will help you get the set screw off a little better.

Andy
    Andy - Official Exceed RC Support Forum Host