Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

exceed gs se esc

Old 07-25-2008, 04:29 PM
oldvern

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exceed gs se esc

This is a new g2 checked everything out charged batteries went outside got it trimed out to a nice stable hover by this time the battery is low turned everything off took a break. Now it's a half hour later put in second battery pack turned everything on all is o.k gave the heli throttle it lifted up about an inch then it shut itself off landed without harm then it started smoking disconnected battery as fast as possible . The 30 amp volcano esc melted the wire going to the black wire on moter completely melted off esc. So my question is what could have caused this ???
Old 07-25-2008, 05:54 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: exceed gs se esc

there is a short between any 2 of the wires to the motor touching each other. there are 3 wires going to motor right. It create a short if any 2 of the 3 wires touching each other. what's your order number? let me know what you see.

Andy
Old 07-25-2008, 09:05 PM
oldvern

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HI ANDY AFTER I TOOK OFF THE CANOPY OFF THE B WIRE WAS BURNT OFF THE ESC CIRCUIT BOARD NONE OF THE WIRES TOUCHED EACH OTHER I CONTACTED XHELI THEY ARE GOING TO EXCHANGE IT. WHEN I OPENED UP THE THE BOX AND WAS CHECKING OUY THE HELI IT HAD A FUNNY SMELL LIKE A HOT TRANSFORMER I JUST THOUGHT IT WAS MY IMAGINATION. WHEN I THROTTLED IT UP IT DID A SLGHT HESITATION AND THE GYRO BEEPED A FEW TIMES BUT THE BLADES STARTED TURNING SO I WENT AHEAD AND STARTED TO FLY THATS WHEN IT CUT OFF. BESIDE THE SPEED CONTROLLER I HAD NO PROBLEM, AFTER SOME MINOR ADUSTMENT AND TRIMING THE HELI HOVERED OK I THINK ITS A GOOD DEAL FOR THE PRICE,I'M HOPING IT WAS JUST A BAD ESC.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:00 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

alright sorry about that. If you have problem setting up the esc you can ask me here in the future.

Thanks
Andy