Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

falcon 40 broken servo

i just got a falcon 40 today, and i was enjoying it, then i crashed it and rolled it over.

one of the servos that controls side to side motion is broken, and all the online stores seem to be out of stock of that part.

is there any parts i can use in its place? i saw a bunch of similar stuff, but i cant find the specs on the original, so i dont know for sure if they would work, and id hate to buy parts that wont even fit in my heli.

thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: falcon 40 broken servo

okay, i found some from another thread, so thats taken care of. i do have another question though. what do dip switches 5 through 8 do? im pretty sure i figured out 1-4 (and accidentally turned it on full throttle right next to me in the process) but at that point i didnt feel like messing with it anymore, but id still like to know what they do. its a falcon 40 again.

another question, also about the transmitter. on the front, above and farther to the side of the flight control sticks, there are 2 metal switches that can be flipped up or down. does anyone know what these do? they dont seem to make any difference, but id like to know for sure.

thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

switch 5 to 8 are not used so put them in off position. The upper left and right toggle switch are not used and they are not even wired.

Andy
    ORIGINAL: dspin37

okay, i found some from another thread, so thats taken care of. i do have another question though. what do dip switches 5 through 8 do? im pretty sure i figured out 1-4 (and accidentally turned it on full throttle right next to me in the process) but at that point i didnt feel like messing with it anymore, but id still like to know what they do. its a falcon 40 again.

another question, also about the transmitter. on the front, above and farther to the side of the flight control sticks, there are 2 metal switches that can be flipped up or down. does anyone know what these do? they dont seem to make any difference, but id like to know for sure.

thanks
    Andy - Official Exceed RC Support Forum Host

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I had the same problem, I got the Hitec HS55 servo, and works great.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

awesome, thanks guys