Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Exceed RC Support - Helicopter
Reload this Page >

No Wonder My Eagle 50 Won't fly Right

Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

No Wonder My Eagle 50 Won't fly Right

Old 02-24-2008, 02:31 AM
AZheli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Wonder My Eagle 50 Won't fly Right

Never take anything for granted - especially factory heli assembly. The claim is that these are all pre-flown at the factory, so they are ready to go right outta da box. I've already heard the "Yeah, right" from the forum crowd, so I know that mine wasn't the only one needing major tweaking to even get it off the ground.

I've balanced blades, leveled swashplate & flybar frame, adjusted servo throw & added some considerable nose weight, and still got some nasty vibration at intermediate RPM's. All looked and measured OK, but it still wasn't right.

I'm assembling a growing set of spares for a couple of heli's & with some help from Andy at Xheli, am getting stuff pretty quickly.

Tonite I decided to just assemble a duplicate spare main rotor assembly on a known true main shaft. I took a shortcutthat ended up being the major vibration problem: I put my existing flybar assembly onto the new true-spinning shaft. When I spun it up, there was the vibration. Ends up that the flybar was not zeroed out when it was factory installed - one end was about .145" longer than the other end.

Moral of the story is this: after you tune up everything else, be sure to true up the flybar. Chances are that the factory guy installed yours about the time the lunch bell rang & yours just got slapped in & sent down the assembly line.

Checking on my Honeybee, the flybar was wrong, too. Now it purrs like a kitten.

Batteries are now charging & if tomorrow is clear & calm, I'm gonna put in some major flight time over at the park
Old 02-24-2008, 08:33 PM
Lil Ray

Default RE: No Wonder My Eagle 50 Won't fly Right

I know what you mean. I have a eagle 50 and I also had some problems with mine. The first thing that happen to me was that the engine burn up after a month. I later found out that it wasn't my fault from Andy. It was the sticker that they put over the air holes of the main engine from the factory. After I recieve a new one, the reciever stop working as a result of the engine burning up. I haven't flown it yet since I have replace the parts, but I hope to very soon.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:27 AM
max4ever

I also had the exact same problem when I first bought mine.Ithought it had something to do with my inexperence with the helicopter.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:58 AM
pa902

fuses to not burn up your receiver
http://www.stonehenge-capital.com/FALCON40_MODS.html