Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Exceed RC Support - Helicopter
Reload this Page >

Raptor G2 Main Gear Replacement

Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Raptor G2 Main Gear Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 10:21 PM
BRDVPRA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor G2 Main Gear Replacement

Hey All,
My main gear has a slight wabble on a new shaft that is causing a vibration and an nasty sound. Yes I have already checked the shaft to make sure it's straight.

I have the new main gear. I have taken the all the head parts off and the axis can be removed. I'm ready to remove the gear, but it appears that I may need to take the frame apart to get to the main gear. Is this the case or is there a trick to getting the little jewel out? Any tips on the disassembling of the frame are much appreciated (assuming they are needed).

Thanks,
Old 10-01-2008, 03:29 PM
BRDVPRA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Raptor G2 Main Gear Replacement

I have to assume no one has ever attempted this on this forum?
Old 10-01-2008, 08:09 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Raptor G2 Main Gear Replacement

You don't need to split open the frame to change the main gear. You need to remove the elevator crank from the frame and the meain gear will slide out. http://site.exceedrc.com/resource/product/g2-ex.jpg

Andy