Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Exceed RC Support - Helicopter
Reload this Page >

Raptor G2 Pulls to Left After Takeoff Help

Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Raptor G2 Pulls to Left After Takeoff Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 02:51 PM
BRDVPRA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor G2 Pulls to Left After Takeoff Help

I am new to the hobby, but I think I have setup the heli (brushless/2100LiPo) in accordance with what I have read on the net. The swashplate seems to be level eyeball wise anyway. The blades were slightly out of track (1/8th to 1/4" , but I hope I corrected that tonight (ran out of battery). Anyway, I'm just barely getting the machine off the ground during any of my flights...trying to take it very very slow. When it does come up it seems to tilt slightly/pull to the left. The body goes pretty much straight left. I am also having some trouble with the tail continuing to go left making the nose point to the rgiht. I can correct this with the rudder of course, but it seems ike it should be more stable (do you have to fight them on the rudder all the time?). I am guessing I need to adust the gyro a bit, but welcome advice. I increased the sensitivity, but it began wagging so I backed it off. I can't seem to trim either motion out of it.

Also I noticed that twice now when the battery weakens the heli just shut off in flight, then I have to move the throttle trim to zero and back up before it will take off again (any ideas)? Not a big deal now, but couldn't be good at 50 feet or so.....

I know this style of heli has some limitations in quality, but any advice is much appreciated.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:29 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Raptor G2 Pulls to Left After Takeoff Help

heli tilt to the left is normal because your rotor is spinning clockwise all the time. It's important that you use a trainging kit because it helps the heli to prevent it from tilting to the left so your rotor won't strike the ground.

You should move the tail servo on the boom to offset the drifts.

Andy
Old 09-22-2008, 09:19 PM
BRDVPRA

Glad to know the tilt to the left is normal. Should I be able to use the trim to correct it or will I always need to add a right tilt during flight?

Please clarify "move the servo on the boom to offset the drifts", do you mean physically relocate the server on the boom? or change the servo horn position?

Thanks
Old 09-25-2008, 07:52 PM
yadac123

Glad to know the tilt to the left is normal. Should I be able to use the trim to correct it or will I always need to add a right tilt during flight?

you don't have to set the trim for that once you get it airborn it will fly stright.

Please clarify "move the servo on the boom to offset the drifts", do you mean physically relocate the server on the boom? or change the servo horn position?

yes reloacate the servo on the boom

Andy

Old 09-25-2008, 09:32 PM
BRDVPRA

I did more searching on the forum and found I didn't setup the center point of hte tail rotor servo correctly. I did as Andy said on one fo the post and hooked the servor directly two the receive which gave the same result as setting the gyro avcs switch to normal. I left the avcs switch to normal and the heli tracks the tail much much better now.

I managed to pull two 30 to 45 second hovers (10 ft square) off on the battery I played with tonight. More hopping, but that the main success of the evening. From what I read I also need to set my V1 dial to 40 and V2 to 0 after unlocking it with the dip switch. I currently have both of the dials at about 75%. Well now that I think about it who knows what they are actually set on cause the dip switch is locked.

I understand the V1 controls when the pitch is engaged in relationship to the throttle. The manual quickly mentions V2 controls the motor speed, but I don't follow what function it has on the motor speed. Applying the same lgic as mentioned above with V1, if I set the V2 to 0 will the motor even turn? If so, what is the relationship?

Thanks,
Old 09-26-2008, 03:07 AM
yadac123

trottle curve is to set the trottle's output at each stick movement and usualy it's linear. 10% stick 10% power to motor.

for the g2 when your power is at 50% your pitch should be 5 to 6 degree so that you get a lift. You don't have to do adjustment to the trottle. I usually set the pitch only.

Andy
Old 09-27-2008, 06:54 PM
wayshwing

BRD -

Left drift is normal especially if youre first learning to hover. The faster you get airborne, the less you will notice left cyclic drift.

Lack of lift could be pitch setting (not enough positive pitch vs. headspeed) or pitch curve is wrong and needs adjusting.

Andy -

Does V1 control pitch curve and V2 control throttle curve? Which DIP switch locks/unlocks them? Where would the normally be set?

Also, the gyro has 4 wires. 3 wires are on one conn, which goes to RUDD. Where does the singe wire connect to?
Old 09-29-2008, 08:59 PM
yadac123

the pitch is the dip switch to unlock the pitch curve. adjust the curve so that 0 at low stick. The eagle 50 doesn't have trottle curve adjustment.

the connector with the single wire is the sense adjustment. You can connect that to aux 2 channel so you can adjust the gain on the radio menu.

Andy

ORIGINAL: wayshwing

BRD -

Left drift is normal especially if youre first learning to hover. The faster you get airborne, the less you will notice left cyclic drift.

Lack of lift could be pitch setting (not enough positive pitch vs. headspeed) or pitch curve is wrong and needs adjusting.

Andy -

Does V1 control pitch curve and V2 control throttle curve? Which DIP switch locks/unlocks them? Where would the normally be set?

Also, the gyro has 4 wires. 3 wires are on one conn, which goes to RUDD. Where does the singe wire connect to?