Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Exceed RC Support - Helicopter
Reload this Page >

Exceed RC Blazing Star flying erradic

Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Exceed RC Blazing Star flying erradic

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 09:31 PM
ElectricKaos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exceed RC Blazing Star flying erradic

Has anyone had this happen to him while flying the Blazing Star? For some reason, I'm not able to move forward or turn left as much as the other directions. When I push on the stick to move forward, the heli kind of just sits there and then decides to move after about 3 to 5 seconds but it happens sporatically. Another problem I'm having is that I have my left stick trim set all the way left and I still have to hold it left to keep the heli centered. Top it all off, I just started breaking rotor blades in mid-air by moving the heli in reverse.

Can anyone make heads or tails out of this chaos?
Old 11-18-2008, 06:29 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Exceed RC Blazing Star flying erradic

ok check your swash plate and make sure it's leveled at idle. There are 2 linkages that attaches to the swash and make them longer or shorter to balance it.

Andy

ORIGINAL: ElectricKaos

Has anyone had this happen to him while flying the Blazing Star? For some reason, I'm not able to move forward or turn left as much as the other directions. When I push on the stick to move forward, the heli kind of just sits there and then decides to move after about 3 to 5 seconds but it happens sporatically. Another problem I'm having is that I have my left stick trim set all the way left and I still have to hold it left to keep the heli centered. Top it all off, I just started breaking rotor blades in mid-air by moving the heli in reverse.

Can anyone make heads or tails out of this chaos?
Old 11-20-2008, 12:32 AM
ElectricKaos

Thanks for the reply Andy. I checked the swash plate and it is level. Before this started to happen, I didn't have any crashes and in fact it was flying great up until this point. It seems to be quick to respond in reverse more than forward and turning left. Is it possible that the transmitter batteries might have reached a level where the servos can start to respond erradically? I know the required voltage is 12 volts and I measured the battery pack (all eight AA's) and the set tests at 10.2 volts. I'm new to this hobby and want to cover all my basis even if it makes me look stupid. I would like to use the power jack in the back of my transmitter but can't seem to find the right adapter. Is there one out there that I could use instead of the 8 batteries just until I can master my heli?
Old 11-21-2008, 07:53 PM
yadac123

if you think the TX power is low then you can use any 12V ac adapter to power it and test it.

check your servo's throw. If moving backward's servo throw is more than forward then yes this is the problem. You should center all trim on the TX and then adjust the linkages to balance the swash.

Andy

Thanks for the reply Andy. I checked the swash plate and it is level. Before this started to happen, I didn't have any crashes and in fact it was flying great up until this point. It seems to be quick to respond in reverse more than forward and turning left. Is it possible that the transmitter batteries might have reached a level where the servos can start to respond erradically? I know the required voltage is 12 volts and I measured the battery pack (all eight AA's) and the set tests at 10.2 volts. I'm new to this hobby and want to cover all my basis even if it makes me look stupid. I would like to use the power jack in the back of my transmitter but can't seem to find the right adapter. Is there one out there that I could use instead of the 8 batteries just until I can master my heli?
Old 11-22-2008, 11:02 PM
ElectricKaos

Thanks for the info on the TX. Though, I think I have found the problem with the heli. I took a look at each servo's throw paying special attention to its movement and found that there is evidence of hesitation on the servo that controls forward and backward movement. The forward service is very fluid and reacts to the controls very well but the backward movement jerks which tells me I have a bad, soon to be gone, servo on my bird. I'm not sure how this happened but a replacement will probably rid me of these problems. Since this servo controls the forward motion to, then its a good indicator that this will solve the limited forward travel I'm experiencing also but it doesn't quite solve the problem I'm having where I my left trim is maxed out and I'm still having to hold it left to keep it from spinning. I'm aware that there will be some stick responsibility on my part but that's a bit extreme. It appears that one of the motors doesn't want to slow down enough to let it turn in that direction. Any thoughts?
Old 11-24-2008, 03:25 AM
yadac123

if one of the servo is bad can you switch to the other servo? does the other servo jerks when going backward? this is a good way to compare.

If you think one of the motor can not keep it you can interchange the connections and once you interchange it your trim should be set to opposite in order to stabliaze the heli. If this is true then you just need to replace the motor.

Andy

Thanks for the info on the TX. Though, I think I have found the problem with the heli. I took a look at each servo's throw paying special attention to its movement and found that there is evidence of hesitation on the servo that controls forward and backward movement. The forward service is very fluid and reacts to the controls very well but the backward movement jerks which tells me I have a bad, soon to be gone, servo on my bird. I'm not sure how this happened but a replacement will probably rid me of these problems. Since this servo controls the forward motion to, then its a good indicator that this will solve the limited forward travel I'm experiencing also but it doesn't quite solve the problem I'm having where I my left trim is maxed out and I'm still having to hold it left to keep it from spinning. I'm aware that there will be some stick responsibility on my part but that's a bit extreme. It appears that one of the motors doesn't want to slow down enough to let it turn in that direction. Any thoughts?
Old 11-24-2008, 11:43 PM
ElectricKaos

When you say interchange the connections, do you mean disconnect the wire to the receiver for the motors and flip it around so that the tail motor is seen as the main motor and vice versa? If so, I tried that and the helicopter just spun around like a cyclone once it was off the ground. The trim was set all the way to right also. Is that what you meant when you said interchange?
Old 11-24-2008, 11:57 PM
yadac123

it kind of complicated but think about it if you reverse the plugs you also have to reverse the blades. If you know for sure the motor has problems I can simply replace your motor.

Andy
Old 11-25-2008, 10:36 PM
ElectricKaos

I don't think the motors are the problem now. I mean a motor's main function is to turn and that's it and the receiver obviously tells the motors how fast to turn. No, my attention is now being focused on the receiver since it is the brains of the whole operation. I know this because I reversed the servos and the servo that I thought was having the problem is now working fine but now the other servo is experiencing the same problems as the other one. Result; I'm getting the same sluggish response. Yep, I'm pretty sure the receiver is the biggest cause of this entire mess to include controlling the speed of the motors when turning. Boy, you sure learn a lot about these birds when diagnosing problems. Any thoughts?
Old 11-26-2008, 06:36 PM
yadac123

if that's the case for the servo then yes it's receiver problem. what's your order number? I can have you send it back for exchange.

Andy
Old 11-26-2008, 09:31 PM
ElectricKaos

Thanks for the offer but can't seem to locate the order number as I've had the bird for quite some time. I will go ahead and order a replacement since its malfunction could be due to the crashes I have had with it in the past. I will keep this post in mind for future troubleshooting though.

Thanks for all the help Andy!
Old 11-28-2008, 08:04 PM
yadac123

Andy
Old 12-09-2008, 02:15 AM
alex_grom2003

Andy - HELP!!!!! just received my blazing star and it does not work. my problem is that upper rotor stops spinning at about 1/3 throttle. if i reverse the connection to the receiver then the bottom rotor stops spinning at about 1/3 throttle. so motors are fine, i checked servos - they are fine too(no lag etc). i've tried all adjustment ( sensitivity, extent and on the transmiter) nothing works. what the hell do you think it is??? could it be the receiver "since its the brain of the whole operation"??? please help. please.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:33 PM
ElectricKaos

I just got a new receiver for this heli and the problems I'm having aren't being resolved. The only thing I'm thinking now is the transmitter is having problems. Problem with that is that I can't confirm it without another transmitter.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:03 AM
alex_grom2003

i've got the second blazing star, and it flies normal, however when i was playing with "sensitivity" and "extent" on the receiver, at certain settings upper blade would spin erratically. so i would say dont be harsh on the transmitter - play with the settings on the receiver... that is if you haven't done so. the settings that work good for me are: 10 o'clock for sensitivity and about 7 for extent, at 6 the erratic behavior of the upper rotor kicks in. be careful to set proper "o'clock" position, as the proper end has to dots, so when i thought i set 10 o'clock i had actually set it for 4. hope it helps, as my problems are resolved for now. BEST WISHES
Old 12-14-2008, 07:16 PM
yadac123

the default setting for the RX on the balzing star is left all the way for sen. and left all the way and 1/4 turn to the right for ext.

Andy
Old 12-14-2008, 07:50 PM
alex_grom2003

sensetivity must be left all the way - ok, but what about extent? i did not understand
Old 01-12-2009, 06:20 PM
fotoingenio

Hi to all! I just got my BS and I'm having the same isues! Exceed should do something about it!
Old 01-23-2009, 03:02 AM
yadac123

extent is left all the way also but then 1/4 turn the other way and stop there.

Andy
Old 01-23-2009, 03:07 AM
yadac123

move the swashplate a little forward to resolve the problem.

Andy
ORIGINAL: fotoingenio

Hi to all! I just got my BS and I'm having the same isues! Exceed should do something about it!
Old 03-14-2009, 11:26 AM
couch5309

Did you ever get an answer on why the top rotor would stop spinning about 1/3 speed..? I'm having the same problem. I'm very new at this, and don't understand most of what you guys are talking about. But I'd love to try and fix this thing and fly. I just got my Blazing Star and now she won't even fly. Help me somebody...
Old 03-14-2009, 02:45 PM
alex_grom2003

take of the canopy, on the receiver (micro scheme) there are adjustment that you do with a tiny screw driver, by now i forget wht these should be, but its like 10 and 6 o'clock. anyways, you should play with them by the small increments, the heli and transmiter will behave differently when you tweak those adjustments. It took me long hours before i learnt and started to feel my heli. also browse the forum and find recomended settings for the transmiter too. I never could fix my first blazing star, it had problem just like yours, but when they sent me a replasemt, after spending hours doing what i described above i got it to fly. at certain settings the problem that you have would emerge on my second heli, and then at very speceific (again i forgot precisely 10 and 6 o'clock) it was the best zone where the heli flew very good. mind you though small (like 6:30) will affect helli, so be patient when you fine tune those settings. good luck!
Old 03-16-2009, 10:08 PM
lowbudget

your top rotor problem - are the wires on the reciever -pink/white - 1 at the top and 1 at the bottom - if so you must throttle up quick enough to get lift off within a few seconds or the gyro will shut down the upper blades - they will stop turning - if this happens - shut the throttle down - unplug heli and start over - re plug in heli - leave transmitter turned on the whole time = VIC
Old 03-18-2009, 09:18 PM
bad400

send it back and demand xheli to stop selling junk
Old 03-20-2009, 12:47 AM
yadac123

here's a video and you see how it work. The gyro on the blazing star will require you to quickly get the heli off ground effect/ airbourn to work correctly. Beginner tend to trottle up slowly and gyro doesn't detect change and then go into another model.

Please see this video. http://www.rcdiscuss.com/index.php/topic,8259.0.html

Andy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.