Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Exceed RC Support - Helicopter
Reload this Page >

eagle 50 - blade pop off while spinning up?

Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

eagle 50 - blade pop off while spinning up?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 08:53 PM
bhchan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eagle 50 - blade pop off while spinning up?

Andy, help... this is very sad.

I hooked up my newly purchased Eagle 50 and started working on 'battery one' of RADD's today. (That's the throttle up and down one)

So, I throttle up to the 3rd click and the Eagle is still on the ground. no problem. Did this a couple of times, then went on to the 4th click, where the eagle was still on the ground, when the blade popped off and the heli fell over and out of control.
one of the blades smacked into the horizontal stabilizer fin (that i've already reported).

I quickly throttled down, and brought in inside. Here's what the heli blade / center post area looks like.

it seems like one of the blades popped off the center post, and the center post is not connected to the servo anymore.

i pushed that part that popped off back in and allenwrenched the blades off and spun it up and it spins, but the angle is all wrong now.

what should i do?

(I'm in OC, and can bring it back to show you, if you PM me where. I think you're in City of Industry, right?)

Billy
Old 12-09-2008, 02:15 AM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: eagle 50 - blade pop off while spinning up?

sorry we do not allow walkin as we are not B&M store. what's your order number? part 50H03-09 as replacement. You can snap back together the swash.

Andy
Old 12-10-2008, 05:45 PM
bhchan

Sorry, been away from keyboard.

Does 50H03-09 come with directions on how to get the 'part that rotates on top of the ball socket' back into the 'part that pitches and yaws the ballsocket' ? I'm not sure how to describe it, but it's in the bottom most picture. (can you provide instructions on putting it in, since I couldn't find that in the pilot's manual)

Thanks Andy. I'll PM you the order number.

ORIGINAL: yadac123

sorry we do not allow walkin as we are not B&M store. what's your order number? part 50H03-09 as replacement. You can snap back together the swash.

Andy
Old 12-14-2008, 07:28 PM
yadac123

in that case you will need part number 50H03-38 as well.

Andy
Old 12-15-2008, 05:12 PM
bhchan

PM'ed you but you weren't sure why, so here it is: xheli Order Number: 463747
Old 12-17-2008, 09:40 PM
yadac123

looks like we sent you 1 x 50h03-22 for you to fix the heli.

Andy
Old 12-22-2008, 05:13 PM
bhchan

ORIGINAL: yadac123

looks like we sent you 1 x 50h03-22 for you to fix the heli.

Andy
yes, the heli came with a loose horizontal stabilizer that i reported when i initially received the heli. I reported that the seal looked tempered with and that the tail stabilizer was loose.

got impatient after a couple of days and decided to just do the 'battery-one' spin up and down, when the blade popped off as described above.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:16 PM
bhchan

to clarify, the horizontal stabilizer was horizontal, but pivoted around one of the two screws that keeps the white flat surface to the black holding clamp. it was not sticking up and in the way of the main blade in any way. when the blade popped off, it ended up caught against the tail and against the horizontal stabilizer.
Old 12-28-2008, 01:48 PM
bad400

the eagle 50 is the biggest peice of crap i have.its put together with the parts that are rejected by walkera.ive had nothing but trouble with this heli.and i have 6 heli`s all together.never will i buy an exceed heli again
Old 12-28-2008, 01:57 PM
bad400

if you`ll look at youre swashplate it is bad too.i have went through 3 swashplates.its a very bad piece of crap.which in return tares up both servos so i spend about 60 dollars everytime the swashplate comes apart.screw the eagle 50 buy the walkera 22e for this is the real heli,not an exceed knock off of a walkera.exceed 50 is pure crap.but sence i had it for a few months and $230 later for broken parts because of the swashplate, im stuck i cant get my money back.never never never will i buy an exceed heli again
Old 01-04-2009, 01:39 AM
pa902

I have the eagle 50 and haven't flown it yet but I've installed the cnc metal upgrade head and it seems that everything is working well -I would never trust the cheap plastic parts -I put a metal head on my falcon 40 too and its awesome
Old 01-08-2009, 11:41 PM
bhchan

happy new year, Andy
still haven't received the replacement parts to make the defective-on-delivery heli work. Can you check if it's been sent? I hope it didn't get lost in the mail.
Thanks.

waiting for part 50H03-09 and 50H03-38. xheli Order Number: 463747
Old 01-11-2009, 09:17 PM
ruddernate

have to agree with bad400. pure junk. and i have all cnc parts. the electronics should be sold in those machines in front of wal mart for 5 cents each. well that's a little more than they're worth. sucks to be Andy and answer for this junk heli. sorry to bash Andy but i fly nitros and electrics now and this heli is still impossible. even after you know how to setup and fly one, it's a money pit. you could buy a new trex for what i have in this $5 heli. did someone say rip off?[>:]
Old 01-23-2009, 03:10 AM
yadac123

that's not true setting up of the heli can be complicated but if you don't understand how CCPM works this little heli works no problem it's setup correctly.

Andy
Old 01-24-2009, 04:34 PM
bad400

ok why dont you exsplain how to set up this so called jewl of a heli
like i said in all my other post`s i have 6 other heli`s and this eagle 50 is the only one that dont fly
so i guees i can set up a blade 400 to hover with the smallest of corections but the eagle is so special that it wont even get of the ground

if this heli is so good why not send me one for free that actually fly`s,and when i get it see if it fly`s and if it does i`ll send you the first one sent me that doesnt
if your so sure its not a piece of crap then you`ll have no problems replacing the bad one you sent me for a good one ,that you know fly`s cause evry sense ive had this piece of crap ive spent more money on it than i have all 6 of my other heli`s

thats what makes this heli good for you guys, cause you know people are stupid enough to think if they keep sinking money into it they will eventualy get it to work

and that only happens by putting 200 dollars worth of walkera parts on it.

you want people to believe you believe in this heli then send me one on you, and i`ll give this piece of crap you sent me back
but i know you wont do this cause you know the eagle 50 is junk
and i even bought the v2 supposed to be new and improved, what a joke you people are

i tried and tried to send this heli back you guy`s wouldnt answer my e-mail`s wouldnt answer the damn phone so i got stuck with this piece of crap
YOU REALLY WANT TO MAKE IT RIGHT SEND ME A NEW ONE then we`ll see just how good this heli is
Old 01-24-2009, 04:52 PM
hrdcoreglf

I have fully disassembled my Exceed G2 and the transmitter and reassembled. It is just a walkera DF #36. All parts on heli and transmitter say walkera. So I am sure the rest of their platforms are the same. I had bad luck at first, but then learned to fly on my blade 400. Now the G2 is a piece of cake. My brother has the eagle, he seems to like it. It is not the best design or quality, but it is cheap and easy to find cheap parts.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:24 PM
bigpurden

so i just bought the eagle 50 heli.. and i broke the ball linkage already and from what i can read here this seems to be the bigest problem .. its out of stock everywhere... so heres the question... can i get a aluminum head for the eagle 50 ? is there another heli that its sold for that it will fit my eagle 50? all aluminum so things wont keep breakin? thanks
Old 03-29-2009, 07:44 PM
abrg
My Feedback: (11)

I have had 2 of these the problem is it is not constructed well the lil ball breaks off on a hard landing and even in heavy manuvers cncheli.com makes an aluminum replacement for the what is called an upgrade from exceed it stops that plus the motor came with exceed stickers on it that blocks the vent homes open the holes up or you will fry motors like they are going out of style