Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Exceed RC Support - Helicopter
Reload this Page >

Falcon 40+Super Skids please help

Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Falcon 40+Super Skids please help

Old 12-10-2008, 03:18 PM
kbailey45
My Feedback: (41)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Falcon 40+Super Skids please help

I have a Falcon 40 and was wondering if the super skidds with the boom supports and fins are worth putting on this heli there only 25 bucks. Mine seems a little tail heavy already and I was worried about being able to balance it correctly and also is there a lipo battery you can put in this heli.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:07 PM
Yellow Crow
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Falcon 40+Super Skids please help

By all means, install the super skids. They also have a super pack LiPo. 1300mha 7.4v with, I think 25c rating. That is the exact setup that I am flying. Can be ordered from us hobby supply. Make sure you get the LiPo charger, the stock NiMH charger WILL NOT WORK. CAN CAUSE FIRE/EXPLOSION IF TRIED. Get the ss and LiPo, you'll never look back.

Safe Flying

Jim
Old 12-10-2008, 04:12 PM
kbailey45

I have a triton jr charger I use for some of my planes and my AxeCP. I just bought this heli cause a friend needed some money and it cam with a bunch of spare parts for only $30 bucks woohoo. I can fly my Axe pretty good if I just take it easy on the collective. I am going to use this heli for a warm up. The stock batteries are 8.4v will going to 7.4v not decrease the power much. Also will 1300mAh be too big. Is this the battery you are talking about.

http://www.ushobbysupply.com/product...43799a27c62046
Old 12-10-2008, 04:20 PM
Yellow Crow

That's the one. Will run the F40 just great. The super skids have a different batt. holder, and will allow you to slide the batt. way forward to get the correct cog.

Jim

BTW if you want to sell it pm me.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:27 PM
kbailey45

Well I cant sell it now you know how much I got in it LOL. I think Im gonna keep it for just flying in the yard with and take it a little easier on my axe CPv3. the v3 axe flies great I was amazed at the difference from the old one but I really need a belt tail heli. Any tips you can give me on the Falcon will be appreciated.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:34 PM
Yellow Crow

kbailey, go here, more info on the Falcon 40 than you can ever imagine. Good luck

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_48...tm.htm#8197992

Jim
Old 12-10-2008, 11:49 PM
kbailey45

Are you using the stock motor with the lipo. If not what are you using.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:18 AM
Yellow Crow

Your Falcon will fly just fine with the stock motor and LiPo. However, you can expect the oem motor to crap out . When this happens, get the slo-max 300 from tower hobbies. Also tail motors will go pretty soon also. Search the F40 forum, there are several suggestions on there about tail motor options.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:38 AM
kbailey45

does this motor come with the capacitors and diode installed. If not what do I need to put on it. Thanks for the help. What are using for the tail motor?
Old 01-04-2009, 01:49 AM
pa902

If you want tht most awesome falcon 40 on earth follow these directions to the letter -don't try anything else with this you have to do exactly as its described -then get a metal head at east coast hobby supply -if you don't want to do it there is a great xtreme motor at ushobby supply -when you install the super skids and heat sinks and fuses you'll have lift issues -do this...

http://www.stonehenge-capital.com/FALCON40_MODS.html