Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Blade Tracking G2

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 11:44 PM
floppywinger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade Tracking G2

I have approximately 3 years of moving up the line of 2ch, 3ch, and 4ch rc helos. (kept telling myself no more, but couldn't pass up the Black Friday online sale and treated myself to the 6ch G2. However, I've discovered it is a much more sophisticated machine than I expected.

I have not flown it yet because I am trying to follow the recommendations of the manual, tighten screws, etc. I am stuck on blade tracking!! I have the helo tied down, power up and try to view the blades as suggested, but I can't tell if or which blade may be high or low!! I've probably made it worse by turning the control link screws both ways trying to get both blades an the same level track.

I've probably been better off if I had left tracking adjustments alone. I don't have anything to go by but there is a lot of vibration, whether the amount is normal or not.
My question is; is there another way to check the blade tracking, while rotating, other then visually (which I can't!!) or e.g., measuring the distance of each leading edge of the blade to the surface (power off)?

I just became a member today and this is my first post and probably won't be my last. Will appreciate any help on this matter. I'm anxious to start training on this "floppy wing".
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46320.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	1087942  
Old 12-13-2008, 12:34 AM
cjennjr

Default RE: Blade Tracking G2

Welcome to the "Big Boys" Club (400 size helo and up). WRT blade tracking, yes it is difficult to determine which blade needs to be adjusted. What I do is adjust one blade approx. 3-4 turns on the link that attaches to the blade; then I spin up and see if the tracking has widened or leveled off. If it is off, then I adjust accordingly. Determine which blade you're going to adjust first (go by the "sticker" on the blade). After that, you shouldn't have any problem. Good luck!
Old 12-13-2008, 01:59 AM
floppywinger

Thanks for the input. I'll look at the spinning blades some more and try to tell (by the colored sticker), which blade is not tracking level.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:20 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when you do blade tracking, if both blades does not meet just simply pick one side and bring it to meet the other. Always work with 1 side only.

Andy
Old 12-15-2008, 02:18 AM
floppywinger

Thanks for the tip Andy. Question: Is it possible to turn the linkage screw to far in the counter-clockwise? I'm apprehensive that turning it too far counter clockwise the screw will come out!!

I have an E-sky Lama V3 4-ch that I can control fairly well now, but today I attempted to fly the G2 (just get it in a hover) but not even close!! It's a good thing I bought the "training wheels".. I spent 2 batteries just trying to trim it so it wouldn't take off in one direction.

Speaking of batteries; what's the best way to tie down the battery for the G2? I bought an additional battery that is larger than the one that came with the G2. I used rubber bands to tie down the battery. And, I leave the canopy off since it takes me 5 minutes to put it back on!!

I got away the first time with no crashes. I fly inside a handball court - no wind... Not much room though. Enough rambling.....
Old 12-17-2008, 12:08 AM
floppywinger

Which radio adjustment controls the rotor head speed? Throttle curve?? Since I am new to this class of helo, I need the lower head speed so I can keep up with the helo, not be behind the curve.

Thanks anyone...
Old 12-17-2008, 09:29 PM
yadac123

when you do tracking it's better you put the trottle low first. Remove the main blade and look into the main blade holder. Make sure your pitch is 0, that means it should be flat when you look at it. Make the other blade holder the same and start your tracking from there.

I prefer you use velcro to secure the battery on the heli.

If you need lower head speed during take off try the following:

lower stick +1 center stick +6 to 7 high stick +10

Andy

Old 12-21-2008, 12:55 AM
floppywinger

Andy

Sorry, but removing the main (?) blade and looking into the main blade holder doesn't compute with my present knowledge? I now have a Pitch Gauge and am trying to follow the radio adjustments in the manual that came with the G2. The transmitter that came with the G2 is the PCM WK-0701 or as stated on the back: FCC ID: S29WK-0701.
I've been searching online for the factory dip switch settings with no luck. I may have moved one that should not have been and now I have no way of checking. Can you supply me with those settings I would be very appreciative.
Also, your suggestion of +1, +10 settings are unattainable on the small knobs that does go to +100 and -100, but +1 and +7?? This xmitter doesn't have a digital readout.

I have 2 freshly charged batteries and am now going to go through each radio adjustment listed in the manual that came with the G2. I hope to go out and do a test flight soon, but will probably wait until I get or find a confirmation on the dip switch settings.

Thanks for your help.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:57 PM
yadac123

the dip switches are 2 4 6 7 ON rest are all OFF.

When I said remove the main blade and then look into the main blade holder, you can still see if it's flat/leveled simply by eye balling it.

If the dial doesn't give you the pitch you need then you must adjust the linkages to get the proper pitch.

ANdy