Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Exceed RC Support - Helicopter
Reload this Page >

Servos going to far on Falcon 40

Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Servos going to far on Falcon 40

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 10:47 PM
kbailey45
My Feedback: (41)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servos going to far on Falcon 40

I had a small crash and and broke the blade holder. When the heli hit I was already all the way down on the throttle. Well I ordered the parts and some super skids and a super boom got it all togerther and it looks great. BUT, when I spin it up the tail motor doesn't run. My first thought was well Ive got a spare tail motor no problem. Then when I got to working the head and checking it out I noticed the servos are traveling too far and binding. They push the swashplate so high it hits the top of the swashplate stay. Also I dont think my 4n1 is initializing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If it is the 4n1 where can I get one I see they are out of stock everywhere or what can I upgrade to. And also its both servos doing it not just one.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:09 PM
kbailey45
My Feedback: (41)

Default RE: Servos going to far on Flacon 40

Just read on here to check the tail motor hook it up to the main motor plug. I did that and got about 1/10th of a turn then nothing. I then hooked the main motor up to the tail plug and the main motor turned so that means the tail is getting voltage. No problem there I will just replace the tail motor. But why are the servos moving so far? And my 4n1 is initializing. Here is a pic where the middle linkage is hitting the blade holder I am applying full back on the transmitter.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vs55649.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	1090641  
Old 12-17-2008, 09:33 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

in that case you need to recenter the servo arm. Remove the arm and center the trim on the servo and reinsert the arm again. Both linkages should be the same on the servo that connects to the swash plate.

Andy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80595.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	1091821  
Old 01-04-2009, 01:43 AM
pa902

Mine did the same thing when I had the plastic head on it -I switched to metal and don't think it does it anymore