Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Exceed RC Support - Helicopter
Reload this Page >

G2 - Tail spinning counterclockwise

Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

G2 - Tail spinning counterclockwise

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 01:37 PM
owinfrey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G2 - Tail spinning counterclockwise

Hi All,

I have a bushed G2 raptor and it started tail spinning counterclockwise.

I did the gear test by holding the tail rotor and turning the main rotor.

There was slippage, so I replaced the tail gear in the set "50H08-26 Gear Set".

It still spins counterclockwise.

I reset the gyro settings using #12 dip switch and V2 per manual, same results.

The belt's teeth looks fine.

The gyro switches are set to normal and reverse

If I change the gyro switch from reverse to normal I have better control of the tail rotor, but in reverse control.

Transmitter switches are on for 2,4,6,7 on and the rest are set to off.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Old 01-01-2009, 07:12 AM
ianmason32

Default RE: G2 - Tail spinning counterclockwise

I have the very same problem with my G2. I had a minor crash and repalced the broken parts. After replacing the parts, one of which is the main gear, I fired it up and it started an uncontrolable clockwise spin. This amazed me as it is against the torgue of the main blade. The tail rotor seems to have no effect in trying to correct the spin, however I can make it spin faster counter clockwise with the tail rotor. My tail rotor servo does not seem to center itself when I center the stick. Does this happen to yours as well? Do you know where (online) I can find a manual for the G2, mine has seemed to have grown legs and ran away.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:28 PM
owinfrey

Yes... the exact same thing happens with me. I only replaced the tail gear from the set "50H08-26 Gear Set" because replacing it passed the gear test as mentioned in the orig post. I'm wondering if I need to replace the larger gear in the set that goes towards the main gear. This is a chronic problem with the G2 and I'm hoping someone comes up with permanent fix. Does anyone have a step by step instructions and troubleshooting tips for a newbie?

PLEASE!
Old 01-04-2009, 08:41 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you see the main gear attaches to the main shaft by 2 grub screws under the gear. if those 2 screws are good and it locks the shaft then your main gear is still good.

The desgin of the G2 is to ensure that when you crash 50H08-26 Gear Set will strip so that it saves your belt and motor. 50H08-26 Gear Set is cheap to replace but it's quite hard to replace.

Andy