Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Exceed RC Support - Helicopter
Reload this Page >

Need help with tail rotor

Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Need help with tail rotor

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 03:32 PM
owinfrey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with tail rotor

I'm new to the raptor g2 but have flown fixed pitch for training in the past. I got my g2 last week and have been reading several post about the tail rotor/rudder servo, etc..
I was able to over come several issues by adjusting the dip switches on the back of the tx to Andy's suggestion and adjusting the gyro sensitivity using dip switch 12.
Now here's my current issue, the tail rotor servo glitches/moves (not sure how to explain) with no input from the tx. You can hear it continuously working. Even when trying to hover, the tail makes short left/right glitchy movements.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Old 12-09-2008, 02:12 AM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Need help with tail rotor

is the tail servo hot to and warm to the touch? your servo might be stripped internally. Put another servo to the gyro and check and see if you can get the same problem.

Andy
Old 12-09-2008, 10:22 AM
owinfrey

Thanks for replying Andy. No heat on the servo. I experience the glitchy noise and tail movement all the time except when the TX is off. This is a new heli, is this issue common? I'll need to get a replacement servo.

Thanks for the advice.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:51 PM
owinfrey

It seems that my problem is the gyro and not the servo. I disconnected the cables from the gyro and rx (right ctrl stick), swapped servos and the problem was now with swash plate control. The tail rotor servo was fine. Swapped them back and the problem reoccurred. Could the gyro problem be sensitivity? I noticed holding it in my hand and turning the tail left and right activates tail rotor movement. But when at rest I can still hear the servo and see it making very short movements. I'm hoping sensitivity adjustments can help. Can anyone respond with the correct settings?

Again, Thanks for the help!

Great forum.

Old 12-14-2008, 07:26 PM
yadac123

ok while the tail servo is twitching is the red light on gyro solid red?

Andy
Old 12-15-2008, 04:46 PM
owinfrey

Hi Andy, the gyro comes on with the initialization and then goes off after about 6 second. At this point you can hear the twitching of the servo.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:48 PM
yadac123

if the light goes off please put the gyro back to HH mode. put dip #12 ON and put left dial to 3 oclock.

Andy
Old 01-10-2009, 01:56 PM
BFORTUNE

I HAVE THE EXCEED G2 AND THE TAIL ROTTER WONT ROTATE POSITION SO THAT I CAN LIFT IT TO FLY IT.ITS SPINNING FINE AND I CANT FIND ANYTHING THAT COULD CAUSE THE PROBLEM.I HAVE NEVER FLOWN IT YET JUST GOT IT. IT DID MAKE A LOW NOISE IN THE SERVO ONCE BUT IT STOPPED.ARE THERE ANY ADJUSTMENTS THAT I CAN MAKE OR ANYWHERE I CAN TAKE IT TO B LOOKED AT? OR SHOULD I JUST TRY TO FIND A NEW SERVO?
Old 01-23-2009, 03:13 AM
yadac123

check your belt and make sure the tension on it is good.

Andy