Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Exceed RC Support - Helicopter
Reload this Page >

CONTROLLING SHAFT LINKAGE

Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

CONTROLLING SHAFT LINKAGE

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 02:32 PM
cjennjr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CONTROLLING SHAFT LINKAGE

Why does ExceedRC make it so hard to upgrade this Raptor G2??? My controlling shaft linkage (the short one that controls blade pitch) does not have the same size holes to fit on the metal head. I tried to combine two other links to make a link, but it's too long!!!! This sucks!! Why didn't they make the holes from the plastic head correspond to the metal head? Additionally, the swash plate link holes don't fit the swash - the balls are too small!!!! Do they sell separate links for the metal head? Nothing came with the pkg. Again, so frustating, makes me want to trash it! I'm venting right now, so I'll cool down and think rationally about my next step. Until next time...
Old 02-05-2009, 09:34 PM
cjennjr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CONTROLLING SHAFT LINKAGE

Well, after cooling down, I finally figured out how to make this thing work. I had to SWITCH the ball links on the inner swash to the outer swash, and they fit perfectly. Also, I had to order another set of links, since the links for the plastic head does not fit the metal head. Even the links that came with the pkg didn't work. So much for ordering from Hong Kong!!! I'll test tomorrow and check for binding.