Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Help !!! my Exceed G2 went psycho

I am noob to 6 channel. I have an exceed g2 and have been very slowly trying to get it set up and do the basics. Have been doing hops etc. no hover yet. but this morning I turned everything on and the copter started acting crazy like another tx was giving it inputs. Would not respond to my tx until near half throttle then would try to launch shut down tthrottle and control surfaces would cycle without any input from me. Whats going on? Has my tx or rx died? Any help is appreciated, all batteries were fully charged.

Thanks in advance
    Jim

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Help !!!

Well I just switched out the brushless gear for the original brushed setup.....and heli works like it's supposed to....so appears to be the battery or the ESC......Where are you X-heli man....I bought this as the upgrade kit from x-heli and it has only run 4-5 times.

Jim

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I was wrong.....put all original equipment back on and heli still acted totally psychotic...flying surfaces would actuate and moter would attempt to spin up without any input from me on tx........what has let loose? no crashes......never even hovered yet.......Help !!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If you switched to another ESC and the problem when away then it must be the ESC. Although this can be a crystal problem as well. I say pull out your crystal and turn it 180 degree and reinsert it.

ANdy
    Andy - Official Exceed RC Support Forum Host

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Andy,
    I changed the crystal 180 as you suggested, no difference I am highly suspisious the transmitter is the problem. I have a new one arriving today, and will let you know but am very disappointed that things should malfunction like this.
    Jim

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Andy,
    Sent you an e-mail....please check it and let me know
    thanks
    Jim