Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Two Q's (extremely frustrated with batteries)

1) What is the TRN switch on top of an E-Sky remote?

2) Where can I get a GOOD battery. I am frustrated beyond words with the batteries I've wasted money on from xheli.com (I may as well have gone to the dollar store). The batteries maybe work for 5 recharges on the NIMH (I completely drain them dead before I completely charge them full). The supposed Lipos with TWO cells for twice the flight time are garbage, they don't have enough juice to get the chopper more than two inches off the ground except the first 1 second of flight time, the chopper practically hits the ceiling of the gymnasium.

I have a dozen baterries, none of them have a manufacture on them (I wouldn't want my name on this product either). I have three RC helicopters (falcon 40, honey bee version 3 and version 4). So I'm sure its not an issue with my chopper or my battery.

Back to question #2, where can I buy a GOOD battery? Energizer, Duracell, something NAME brand, NOT dollar store quality.

Thanks in advance.

Does anyone else share my frustrations with these awful batteries?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Two Q's (extremely frustrated with batteries)

1) not used esky didn't really document that.

2) You can get the 7.4V 1000mah from xheli and this battery can be used on the honey bee mk3.

Andy
    Andy - Official Exceed RC Support Forum Host

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

TRN sounds like it's for the "trainer" function......you can wire two transmitters up together and the one that goes to the model becomes the instructor's TX. When the instructor/check pilot holds the trainer button (or switch, as the case may be), control is transferred to the student's transmitter. This means if the student gets in trouble, the instructor can quickly release the button/switch and save the day. Used often on planks, not so much on heli's from what I understand (heli's usually have less margin for error, so it's less likely that an instructor would be able to detect and correct a big mistake by the student in time to avoid disaster). Of course, another handy use is that the instructor can fly around and get the plane (or heli) set up for a certain maneuver, then let the student take it for a while to do just that one maneuver.

Li-po batteries: tried Thunder Tiger? That's what I use and it's great. I assume you also have a proper li-po charger/load balancer that charges each cell individually? I wouldn't waste my time with a NiMH on a small heli, it doesn't last long enough per charge.
    Crashes are OPTIONAL. Fun is mandatory.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

THANK YOU for the excellent information!

I use the lipo charger that came with the heli...

As for Tiger thunder, where can I find these batteries? Can I use the lipo charger that came with the heli (assuming it has the same end on it?)

Thanks!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Check your locale for hobby shops, most shops should have them. Hobby Town USA for sure carries Thunder Power, as it's listed on their website.

Hobby Town store locator

Check out the above link to find a Hobby Town in your area.

I don't know what kind of charger your heli came with. If it has a connector with more than 2 terminals, it's probably a cell balancer/charger and *may* be good to use. Does it have a screen that displays voltage and charge rate for each cell?
    Crashes are OPTIONAL. Fun is mandatory.