Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Exceed RC Support - Helicopter
Reload this Page >

Eagle 50... breaking in or broke

Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Eagle 50... breaking in or broke

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 12:01 AM
RCtaco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eagle 50... breaking in or broke

This sounds similar to what happened to me and my dad (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_82...tm.htm#8623594). He bought me an Eagle 50 for chirstmas as I had gained interest in RC copters. Anyways no life story needed, we got it outta the box, setup the safety landing gear stuff with plastic ball things. got it off the ground a time or two, but it would fly off to the left (or right i forget now been 4 months.) we did this in the garage as it was fairly safe with cars backed out. So we take it to my grandmas (yes it snowed but the snow was like rocked hard so we could lay it evenly on it)

i started it up and tried to adjust that left issue there, and it crashed somehow and broke the wings, ball linkages, and bent the metal tail rod thing. So not long ago i got tired of it sitting around and he ordered new parts.

So the other night he soldered the wires for me back to the tail motor and through new tube. we got the linkages all setup and put back together. the only thing we didnt do was reattach the tail motor as we didnt see we needed to, and alongside no blades. So we charged it and such, and wanted to check servos and check see if it work. Well turn it all on and push throttle... does nothing. i believe also the servos didnt do anything ether when we tried(i forgot ill ask dad if you want.) so i was like well hold on im gonna run downstairs and get the manual. Im half way down first set of stairs and i hear OMGand hear the motor go crazy and hitting noise. The thing went crazy and sent the Blue Head and above parts flying and breaking the ball that connects the ball linkages and cracked the plastic around the the thing that holds the blades.the middle pins in the Blue Head piece were bent... and not even possible to bend back. He spent 50 bucks on replacement parts already, and now its not those parts that broke, but different ones... I havent even flown it more then 1 minute total honestly.

All i keep reading now is bad things and he read before and assumed this would be a great copter to start out with, ive had more success with my grandpas mini cheap Aldis helio that doesnt even go forward, but can crash numerous times and not break... Is this helio 50 worth replacing more parts on? it upsets me to tell my dad this, but i dont wanna see him throw money away on this, as it was a gift... though i see no possible way on a return. what a way to start out my journey into RC's... yeah i understand there is an expense behind this and its apart of the hobby, but a little ridiculous "out of the box." bologna

And i just tried to post pictures, but it will not allow me...
Old 05-27-2009, 07:50 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Eagle 50... breaking in or broke

You see a heli was always want to stay left and right. Helicopter itself is a very unstable flying machine and consently need correction to maintain stabality. So as a pilot you need to be quick and control the heli and not the heli controlling you. For example, If you have a basketball spinning on the tip of your finger, can the basketball stay still on the tip of your finger? Sooner or later the basketball will fall left or right. This same principle applies to heli as well. That's why I always don't recommend my customer jumping into a 6 ch heli as their first heli. It's like learning to run before you even know how to walk.

I suggest you put this heli aside because it's too much for you for now. You should start with 4 ch coxial heli first and gain some flight time and hovering time. Any 4ch coxial would be nice to start with.

Andy
Old 05-27-2009, 11:10 PM
Chivone

Eagle 50 fly it out of the box?  I BEG TO DIFFER !!

This guy has experience. I have NOT jumped right in with a 6 channel cp heli. However, I have to say one thing. Getting parts for this monster is difficult, because it is the same thing that seems to break all the time.

This heli has a mind of it's own.  I don't recommend this one to anyone!  Want to choose a helicopter? Online???? (Oh boy)

Find out where your nearest RC hobby store is, find out what rc heli's they carry/service/sell, and make your choice from that.

Do NOT........I say again..........DO NOT!!! Buy a helicopter that "looks nice" and has to be mailed from Hong Kong.  You are asking for trouble. BIG TIME.

Old 05-28-2009, 08:49 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The eagle 50 does fly out of the box and it's difficult just like any other 6 ch heli. I've personally flown and repaired this heli and most of the time pilot crush due to inexperience. Eagle 50 is only available in the USA market and those who carry this heli ships from USA.

All parts are available here: http://www.xheli.com/exrcea50rche.html

Andy
Old 05-28-2009, 10:09 PM
RCtaco

Thanks for replying, so dont waste more money on it then, is what your saying?

Yes, great example running before you walk. Yes I understand its an unstable machine, sorta like a flying gyroscope(I do spend time on net.) well yes since its my first time, its hard to not have it control me... But being that its "setup right outta the box" seems to... be like false advertising to me then. I didnt expect it to tilt left(or right) and hit the ground and break (I even used the training balls things.) Well im not arguing ether it just sucks, I wish he wouldve talked to you first then, before buying if you recommended that.

This hurts, because cannot afford to buy another helio... I will have to wait to enjoy this hobby now and stick to this dinky mini helio. I wish the Eagle 50 didnt break so easy. I think even if I did have "flight time" it would not prevent it from breaking >.<

He did not buy it, "because it looked good" he bought it because he believed it reliable... and that is how its advertised.

"Plus, each Eagle 50 is test-flown at the factory to ensure precise performance and control which makes it truly ready to fly right from the box. " -i hate to quote it, but.... i had to. BUT im sure in the right hands and built right its an amazing helio.

I will look into 4ch in future, because I really do enjoy this, ive been playing video games for so long. Ive developed a good sense of control. Id like something I could adjust to my liking (such as the throttle) I read building your own is beneficial. I Would like to know of any models you would suggest in the 4ch area? not to build myself, but "outta box"

Thanks Again for replying I will check back soon. lol well if said basketball isnt made good, i would have twice the trouble trying to get it to spin and stay straight to then it falls and goes flat.

p.s i just talked to dad, and we going to order the other parts it seems. It going OUTOFCONTROL doesnt seem part of my fault... and then breaking what we fixed. Yes blah blah the manual i read it.

...man i hate to keep carrying this on, But seems to be an issue uploading pictures.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:09 PM
Lil Ray

Another way is to get the Real Flight 4.0. I did the same thing that you done, jumped right into a 6 ch heli before even knowing anything. I now have the flight sim. and are learning on that about how to fly. It really works. This is the site to see where to buy it: http://www.realflight.com/

Let me know if it works for you