Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Eagle 50 Dip Switch Purposes???

First I need a link to the Exceed 50 manual.

Currently I have a
    E-Sky Honey Bee CP2 .....with broken rotor parts and ball links on swash plate are different than the Exceed - Walkera but the motors are the same tho. Was setting up the blade tracking, door to room was opened and over the heli went over(no training balls) This heli never left the ground. Now have pulled the main motor to go into the Exceed
    2 Walkera 22e both burnt out main rotor motors with heat sinks installed and less than an hour on the motor, I tried hovering in 3D mode lost control and lost a servo, motor and RX this was third motor to stop working.
    1 Exceed Eagle 50 this one was barely used. The guy had purchased it, tried getting it off ground tiped it and messed up rotor head. So you could say ti was used 30 seconds. He couldn't find parts so sold it to me minus the servos. I put my 22e servos in hovered about 10mins after that motor was dead. So about to put on the CP2 motor. This makes the 4th motor in less than 1 hour fly time and Iam starting to get aggrivated with the motors.
    Purchased Eagle 50 and 1 of the 22e used for parts and rest were new.

Currently I am using the Exceed TX and RX my problem is that I learned on a sim and learned backwards on the rudder. So instead of the stick moving the nose I learned with the stick moving the tail. OR when I move the tail stick to the left heli rotates clockwise not the normal way. My screw up but it just makes more sense to me. I have spent the last couple of days trying to reteach my self the right way but it just isn't happening. I have spent 800hrs on the sim at this point so it is kinda engrained now. I can do just about what ever I want inRealflight G4 at most difficult settings. But only hovered a couple of times with the real helis. What I have just figured out is that the rudder reverse dip switch does not truely reverse the function of the rudder and Gyro. Normal - tail speed works fine, Dip switch #4 reversed controls work the way I need them but I have to move the trim slider all the way to the left and give constant left stick to keep the heli pointed the direction I wanted. I have adjusted the gyro to max settings and adjusted it to work fine when the #4 dip switch is normal but not reversed. I just cant fly with #4 in normal mode it is backwards to me.

So here is my question what does dip #5 labled RUD MIX and dip#6 labled RUD MIX REV do???? The walkera TX do not have these and neither do the Venom 3D micro. Ihave manuals for both. So I have no idea what these do. They sound like they could possibly fix my problem but I didn't notice any difference when I flipped them. So any help would be greatly apprecieted.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Eagle 50 Dip Switch Purposes???

here are the setting for the H22e and eagle 50: 2, 4, 5, 7, 9 ON rest are all OFF. Because the tail is fix pitched so the gyro works a little different. If you inscrease the speed of the tail it will cause the tail to go right and if you decrease the speed of the tail, the torque from the main motor will swing left for you.

Andy
    Andy - Official Exceed RC Support Forum Host

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Iknow what the factory settings should be. For the controls to work the way I learned how to fly #4 needs to be off. So the rudder function is reversed. Problem is that it does not reverse theTail - Throttle mix??? I am wanting to know what #5 and #6 actually do. On a walkera 22e #5 says HELI\ACRO and #6 Tail C on the Exceed #5 says RUDD MIX and #6 is RUDD MIX REV. I am trying to find out what exactly their function is. Because I need to adjust the actual rudder mix curve different from factory settings. If that is possible.

I will try and explain the problem so it is not confusing. My TX tail trim slider all the way to 100%. Gyro adjusted for max gain and delay, I must hold stick at 75% at all times just to hold a straight position at just hovering and increase that as I increase throttle. Tail has no power to change direction clockwise at full throttle.The gyro does appear to try to work in this setting. But the tail motor just is not going fast enough to counter the main rotor. This is with setting #4 dip is off.

If on the other hand I put #4dip to ON(now tail is factory) I can put the trim at center or less and tail holds fine and has much more authority. Tail motor is not burned out. Tail behaves exactly as I would expect. But I CAN NOT FLY with it ln factory settings. Ireally wish I could and I am kicking myself about it, but there isn't much Ican do at this point. I just learned moving the tail stick the opposite direction to get the same result.

I think you said tail when you meant nose, because as you increase tail motor speed the tail moves left (clockwise if looking from top) and you decrease speed the tail will move right or counterclockwise. Which in all honesty is my problem, I need to increase my tail motor speed so I am not having to trim it all the way and hold constant stick. Which means I need to figure out how to adjust the Tail - Throttle mix.

Thanks so much

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dip switch #5 is for slecting plane or heli. You can take this radio and apply it to an airplane so you switch to acro if you are using it on an airplane.
    Dip switch #6 is the direction of the gyro to compensate. If you mount the gyro/receiver in another direction you must let the gyro know.

If you need to apply rudder to make the tail stabalize then you should adjust this on the receiver. The gain should be about 75% and I found this to be the optimal. Turn the gain right until it stops and then turn left 1/4 to 1/2 turns and stay there.

As for the extent dial, this is where you adjust the amount of stick you apply to stabalize the heli. I like to start my extent at the middle and work my way out. Set the extent to the center of the travel. Fly the heli and pay attention how many rudder I need to apply to stabalize the heli. If I need to apply left rudder to stabalize the heli then I change my extent by turning right to offset it.

Anytime you make changes to the setting on the receiver/gyro you must reset, meaning unplug the battery to the receiver.

Andy
    Andy - Official Exceed RC Support Forum Host