Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Exceed RC G2 No response from TX.

I need help with my Exceed RC G2. I've flown/crashed it one time since I bought it (yes I've learned my lesson).Since then I've bought a simulator andhave been practicing on it as well as a 4channel heli. I was going to try and fly it today. I've researched here and all switches are correct on back of tx are correct....on the front gear switch and flight mode switchare up.
    1.LED is broken/shattered on servo. Will this prevent startup?
    2.When battery is plugged in and red button is pushed the red light blinks on speed controller like it's supposed to.
    3. Heli has no response to tx. Blades do not turn or tilt.
    4. I've bypassed the speed control and connected the battery directly to motor and the motor does turn.
    5. I've used an ohm/volt meter and checked the speed controller. Positive shows continuity but negative/black may be broken....no change from meter. Even pulled off the connector to the receiver and found continuous power coming from battery to the connector.
    6. While charging the battery, I hear a clicking sound from the charger and it will not charge higher than 4.6volts. Also tried drainng battery completely and recharging.

Besides the battery, which items would you replace first and why?
    thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Exceed RC G2 No response from TX.

1. Led on the radio is broken? There is no LED on the heli itself. When you turn on the radio the front LED panel must show in purple color.
    2. Did you forget to turn on the radio first before you proceed with this step? Radio must be on all time while heli is ON.
    3. How about the servos? does the servo respond to the move on the right joystick?
    4. ok very good then we know motor is working. It could be ESCproblem.
    5. I think your ESC/speed controller is damaged due to a crash.
    6. A clicking sound from the charger means your battery dead or damaged. Please do not use it anymore. Recycle it.

Base on the information you've provided me I would definitely replace the ESC because it provides power to RX and motor. If you have no response from servo that means ESC is completely dead.

Andy
    Andy - Official Exceed RC Support Forum Host

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I need some help, I'm new to RC helicoptershad an Esky belt CP crashedit and now its spare parts,I bought an Exceed RCG2 to replace it. Ihad problem with theESCand fixed that
    now I have no tail rudder, theservo will not move at all any helpwill be great thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

No servo movement at all. I'll replace the ESC and the battery. I knew I could find help here. Thanks "yadac".

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That was it. Changed the ESC and battery. Ready to crash again. thanks yadac!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

No problem.

Andy
    ORIGINAL: YellowFello

That was it. Changed the ESC and battery. Ready to crash again. thanks yadac!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ok can you bypass the gyro. By that I mean simply connect the tail servo directly into the the rudder channel on the recceiver. Are you able to control the servo?

Andy
    ORIGINAL: rainman49

I need some help, I'm new to RC helicoptershad an Esky belt CP crashedit and now its spare parts,I bought an Exceed RCG2 to replace it. Ihad problem with theESCand fixed that
    now I have no tail rudder, theservo will not move at all any helpwill be great thanks