Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

tail boom

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 12:01 PM
kaufmanp92eb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tail boom

I have a Raptor G2 Premium Edition. I had a hard landing and bent the tail boom. Iordered all new parts from xheli. when the came and I was installing them, the tail boom that came had the correct part number(50H08-25) but it is about 1/2 inch shorter than the one that came off my bird, and the hole that is drilled into it for the tailgear set is in the wrong place, and there is no hole for the other bolt for the tail gear. am I wrong in thinking it is the wrong boom? it was a sealed package from exceed. very obviously never opened before. did I order the wrong one? xheli and exceed-rc show this as the correct part number for the tail boom. Is there a specific boom that goes with the CNC tail set? This is the last part i need to replace to get flying again.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:04 AM
kaufmanp92eb

Default RE: tail boom

Well I got it figured out.
If you have a regular raptor G2 then tail boom (50H08-25) will be the one for you. I purchased the raptor premium edition which has a longer tail boom so it requires you to buy the boom with a new tail gear set (50H08-86). I think it is stupid to have to buy a new tail gear set also, but oh well its spare parts.
I learned this through trial and error since xheli and exceed-rc dont tell you the premium edition has a longer boom.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:59 PM
dchin62973

Good to know. You would think the premium Edition was just an upgrade to a brushless motor system and a LIPO Battery.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:01 PM
kaufmanp92eb

Thats what I thought. I wonder what else different.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:43 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PE edition is a little different since it's all metal upgrade. If you consider the SE edition it's just the power system that got upgraded.

Andy