Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

spinning coaxial

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 07:29 AM
206pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spinning coaxial

I've been flying an Exceed RC Blazing Star electric coaxial for a while now. A week back, I had a crash. It basically stopped working mid-flight 20 feet off the ground, slammed into the ground and then started slapping the ground with the remnants of the blades. I pretty sure it crashed due to some electro magnetic interference ( there's a fair amount here where I am). That's not what I'm worried about though. The problem is getting it back to working correctly.

I ordered new blades and new gears, since the gears were stripped some. I replaced all of those and it starts with no issue, but as I increase collective, it begins to spin to the right. No matter how much left trim I put in or not, I cannot stop it from spinning to the right. I checked and rechecked the gearing, which turns with no problem on both gears. I also chedk various settings on my controller. I even had a friend hold it while I checked its responses at a lower rpm. At lower rpms, when I put in trim one direction, one set of blades slows down and the other speeds up just as it is supposed to do. But at higher rpms, it still spins to the right and only gets worse as I raise the rpms. I believe it is due to the fact that one of my motors is only reaching a certain rpm and the fix would be to replace the defective motor. What do any of you think?
Old 09-23-2009, 05:01 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: spinning coaxial

Base on what you have it, I think one of your motor suffered damage already during the crash. If one of the motor is not spinning the way it suppose to be then you'll always get the tail drifting opposite of the faster motor. If you interchange the motor, you can actually see the symptom stay with the same motor.

Andy