Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Service & Repair

I am looking for a good service shop to tune my Exceed r/c G2 SE back into flying mode like it was OOT box from the factory prior to a crash. All parts that needed replaced have been done. still with unstable tail rotor and frustrated enoughto get it serviced.

Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Service & Repair

We offer this service and we can restore the heli back to factory default and it's $40. I need your order number. Let me know if you want to do this.

Andy
    Andy - Official Exceed RC Support Forum Host

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Andy that is something I may need to do, however, since posting I have been able to fix my broken parts with new ones. I do have a slightly bent tail boom but I am able to fly. Since I am a newbie I have only been flying in the garage with anti crash balls. My flying consists of only hovering abouit three feet above ground. I have gotten pretty good but feel practicing daily will be good for a little while longer before venturing outside.

I do have a question though. After trying different sensitivities on my gyro, i continue to get some tail wag. When I first start to hover, all is well, but as I apply some tail rotor then it begins a slow tail wag. I still have great control but how can I stop the wag?

Thanks Again
    Tim

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Andy that is something I may need to do, however, since posting I have been able to fix my broken parts with new ones. I do have a slightly bent tail boom but I am able to fly. Since I am a newbie I have only been flying in the garage with anti crash balls. My flying consists of only hovering abouit three feet above ground. I have gotten pretty good but feel practicing daily will be good for a little while longer before venturing outside.

I do have a question though. After trying different sensitivities on my gyro, i continue to get some tail wag. When I first start to hover, all is well, but as I apply some tail rotor then it begins a slow tail wag. I still have great control but how can I stop the wag?

Thanks Again
    Tim

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

to stop the wag you need to reduce the sensitivity on the gain. Too much gain will cause the tail to rock left and right. Keep this in mind, because you don't have a digital fast servo, you will have a bit of wag. To have a tail that's lock the tail 100% you'll need a digital fast tail servo to work with it.

Andy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem I am having with my Falcon 40 reciever. My understanding is that when your heli has tail wag you are to adjust the pot on the Falcon 40 reciever. When Iadjust the pot on the reciever to stop the tail wag, however, it does very little to stop the wagging. I assumed that my tail motor was going bad. I switched out the stock Falcon 40 (4 in 1) and stock Falcon 40 transmitter with an Esky transmitter and E-flite (3 in 1) and I was able to get rid of the tail wag. Is it possible that the gryo or the pot on the stock Falcon 40 reciever is bad? I am thinking of just buying another Eflite 3 in1 becuase my Falcon 40 (4 in 1) is just giving me too many problems. Any help with this reciever issue would be appreciated.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I forgot to mention my heli setup.
    Falcon 40 4ch helicopter V1
    AEO POWER20amp brushless esc
    AEO POWER3300kv brushless motor
    GWSDDtail motor with a EP-4530 prop
    Optional parts used: Esky 4ch transmitter (EK0404)
    E-flite 3in1 (EFLH1031) controller
    Exceed RC stock 4ch transmitter
    Exceed RC stock 4 in 1 controller

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: soufcarolina31

I was wondering ifΒ* anyoneΒ* could help me with a problem I am having with my Falcon 40 reciever. Β* My understanding is that when your heli has tail wag you are to adjust the pot on the Falcon 40 reciever.Β* When IΒ*adjust the pot on the reciever to stop the tail wag, however, it does very little to stop the wagging.Β* I assumed that my tail motor was going bad. I switched outΒ* the stockΒ* Falcon 40 (4 in 1) and stockΒ* Falcon 40Β* transmitter with an Esky transmitter and E-flite (3 in 1) andΒ* I was able to get rid of the tail wag.Β* Is it possible that the gryo or the pot on the stock Falcon 40Β* reciever is bad? I am thinking of just buying another Eflite 3 in1 becuase myΒ* Falcon 40 (4 in 1) is just giving me too many problems. Any help with this reciever issue would be appreciated.
    The pot is suppose to adjust the gain on the tail motor. It's worked for some, and done nothing for others. I hooked mine to an o-scope and could see no change on the output to the tail motor when I adjusted the pot from 0 to 3.3V. There is no stop on the pot, you can can spin it round-and-round.

p.s. There's a great source of info and people on the thread dedicated to the Falcon 40:
    Falcon 40 forum

-Dave
    Helicopter: Closest fulfillment of the flying horse and magic carpet. Igor Sikorsky
    Royal EVO9 TX/F40,HBFP,Trex450Sport

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

it is possible the gyro's electronic on the 4 in 1 receiver from the falcon 40 is bad. Normally when I adjust the pot on the receiver I need to disconnect the battery and then connect it for the new setting to be stored.

Andy