Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Main rotor help

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 09:15 PM
flyboyfarr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Main rotor help

I tried flying my Exceed rc Falcon 40 and the main rotor doesnt spin. I noticed earlier I turned off the radio before unplugging the battery from the helicopter and I'm wondering if that did it. The tail rotor spins but I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any tips on what the problem may be. I've had this heli for some time now and still can't get it off the ground. I'm about ready to just sell the damn thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:46 AM
Disney1

Default RE: Main rotor help

Sounds like a bad 4 in 1 controller.
Swap plugs for the Tail Motor and the Main motor and see if the Main motor spins .
If so you have a bad 4 in 1.
There is a Falcon 40 thread Come on over and we can get you flying.
Including a repair person for the 4 in 1 for a lot less than the $40 of a new one.
Here is the link: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_48...2CFalcn/tm.htm

Old 10-14-2009, 05:28 PM
dknovick

ORIGINAL: Disney1

Sounds like a bad 4 in 1 controller.
Swap plugs for the Tail Motor and the Main motor and see if the Main motor spins .
If so you have a bad 4 in 1.
There is a Falcon 40 thread Come on over and we can get you flying.
Including a repair person for the 4 in 1 for a lot less than the $40 of a new one.
Here is the link: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_48...2CFalcn/tm.htm
+1 on both counts.

Turning off the radio before unplugging the battery shouldn't cause any damage (but may cause the blades to spin uncontrollably, so it's not a good idea).
Any bad wrecks lately? The common failure mode for this is a blown main motor MOSFET, which can happen if you hit something at full throttle.

ORIGINAL: Disney1
Including a repair person for the 4 in 1 for a lot less than the $40 of a new one
That'd be me... Assuming the MOSFET is the problem, for $5 I can fix it better than new.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:44 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

since you know for a fact that the tail motor spin then connect that to the main motor red port on the receiver. Does the tail motor still spin after you make the connection? If yes, that mean the main motor is bad or else you 4 in 1 controller is bad.

Andy
Old 10-15-2009, 05:15 PM
flyboyfarr

Ok I figured out the problem, when I was messing with the battery I unplugged the main rotor from the 4 in 1, instead of the battery pack....false alarm, still can't fly though need more practice, thanks for ur help though. One more thing I noticed in my preflight, when I push the left stick all the way left the servo gives a clicking sound, should I be worried.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:47 PM
yadac123

left joystick doesn't control any servo. You must be talking about the right joystick. If it binds one direction, simply remove the servo arm from the servo and reposition it. WHen you do that make sure you center all trim and then adjust the arms.

Andy
Old 10-16-2009, 07:51 AM
flyboyfarr

Yeah ur right its the right joystick, ok sounds easy enough, thanks for the help
Old 10-16-2009, 05:34 PM
yadac123

Andy