Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Raptor G2 main shaft

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 04:13 PM
revans45

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor G2 main shaft

Calling Andy! I wish to replace my main shaft and am wondering about the best way to remove the main shaft from the heli. Also, while my gyro seems tobeworking fine, as I power up the heli, the tail rotor servo automatically advances slowly towards the frame and is not corrected by the gyro. It needs constant correction by me. Any ideas?

Thanks Andy
Old 02-11-2010, 08:14 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Raptor G2 main shaft

there are 2 set screws near the gear. Unlock and remove them so the shaft can slide right out. Also remove the set screw that lock the inner shaft to the pitch slider.

In HH mode of the gyro, its normal for the servo to go towards a side.

constant correction is needed? then side of the rudder stick do you have to hold to get the tail stable? If left, for example, that means you have too much right rudder. Pay attention of the servo arm and it's direction of movement if you give left rudder, towards the frame or away from the frame? The simply adjust the servo's position on the tail boom to offset the drift. For example, left rudder will get the servo arm to move into the frame, then you need to move the tail servo position towards into the frame by a little. Lock it up and fly the heli, this time the heli will be more stable, if you still need to apply left rudder then repeat the process.

Andy
Old 02-12-2010, 07:35 PM
revans45

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Raptor G2 main shaft

Thanks for your support Andy.