Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

eagle 50 no lift

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 08:19 PM
unableelephant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eagle 50 no lift

i have a new eagle 50 and cannot get it to lift off blade pitch seems to be fine and it spins up fine but only gets light on its skids at full throttle also when i input any cyclic movement or rudder movement it seems to divert alot of power from the main motor and is nowhere near having enough power to lift off,i had 1 minor "crash" i was hovering just barely to trim and a blade came into contact with my toolbox however there was minimal damage to 1 of the blades and i tried it after that and it was still working fine however the next time i tried to use it it would not lift any ideas or help is much appreciated if u need to know anything else just ask
Old 12-22-2009, 09:11 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: eagle 50 no lift

I'm sure that during the crash the pitch of the blade is off so you need to set the pitch back to default. The default for the pitc angle is 0 for lower throttle. 5 to 6 degree for center throttle and 10 degree for max throttle.

You'll need a pitch gauge to help you on this and if you don't have it you'll need to eye ball it. Degree in pitch is when the the main blade and main blade holder is flat relative to the horizon.

To adjust your pitch you have to turn off dip switch #8 in off position. and use v2 to dial to the correct pitch. You might want to do this by disconnecting the main motor so you don't hurt yourself.

Andy
Old 12-22-2009, 09:24 PM
unableelephant

the dip switch settings on my manual dont match how they are in my radio and thats how it came is there a diff between the dip switches on the 2.4ghz and the other radios?
Old 12-22-2009, 09:28 PM
yadac123

The order of the switch might be changed because it's the 2.4Ghz radio but however the setting are still the same. You need to find the dip switch labeled pitch adjustment.

here's the same heli with a better manual http://www.walkera.com/en1/particula...pn=Z322E240104

Andy
Old 12-22-2009, 09:34 PM
unableelephant

i turned off the 8 switch and change the v2 dial and it doesnt change anything.heres how my switches are and were when i got them this isnt how the manual says they should be

1 on
2 off
3 off
4 on
5 off
6 off
7 off
8 on
9 on
10 off
11 off
12 off
Old 12-22-2009, 09:42 PM
unableelephant

that manual says its the 6 switch however it doesnt seem to change anything however my settings were not set how that manual says they should be either it says only 4 and 9 should be on,should i try that?
Old 12-22-2009, 09:45 PM
yadac123

the older model with the older radio the switch is #8 and looks like the switch is 11 now.

Andy
Old 12-23-2009, 06:02 PM
unableelephant

well i tried it and still no lift,the pitch changes when i use that switch but even if i turn it all the way to the right it still does not lift offit seems normal till about mid-stick then the change from mid to full is very smallcould there be something else that would prevent it from working,its definitely not blade pitch.the aerodynamics of the blade rly ddnt change from the crash,could the main motor be losing power?maybe servo gears stripped stopping it from holding positive pitch at high rpms? idk much but im just throwing out ideas any help would be nice cuz if its a part thats not working id like to maybe see if i can replace it under warranty or sumthing cuz i just got the heli this week
Old 12-24-2009, 05:39 PM
FILE IFR

I'm willing to bet your battery is junk.

Do you run the battery down to 'empty' or 'slow rotor speed' at the end of your hover session??
Old 12-25-2009, 12:37 AM
unableelephant

the battery has been through maybe 3 sessions and i run it all the way empty
Old 12-26-2009, 12:21 AM
dcl1701

Hey,
Got The Eagle 50 a few months back and I really haven't got to practice with it because something was always going wrong with it. But I would certainly try another batt and never run a lipo down. On this machine, shut down when the rotor speed decreases. My other thought is the so called "T" holder (mine is blue) is loose on the mast (shaft). The internal hex screw is Loc Tite in the block and I had to use a reverse drill bit to remove. On mine, the block came loose enough to move up the shaft and cause less pitch action IN FLIGHT. You can set it all up real nice but if that T holder block is loose, you're not going to get pitch. Also, check your P/C link lengths on the blade grip.

Hope this helps.

Now, has anybody really done any 3D with this machine??? Anybody? How 'bout just a simple inverted hover?? What about forward flight?
Old 12-26-2009, 08:13 AM
unableelephant

i had that prblm with the "T" almost right away but i noticed and fixed it so its something else,i guess ill have to order a new battery and give that a shot...
Old 12-27-2009, 12:38 AM
FILE IFR

ORIGINAL: unableelephant

the battery has been through maybe 3 sessions and i run it all the way empty
Ran it all the way to empty?.... That battery is junk and will never charge properly. I'll bet the battery is "puffy" looking.

That explains why there is not enough power to hover.

NEVER run your battery low... go 6 minutes MAX time, then wait 30 minutes to re-charge.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:18 PM
ryanmonaco

I just got an eagle 50 and can't get it to lift. The main rotor doesn't spin fast enough to lift while the rear blades spin much faster. I charged the battery until it was green but it took less than 1/2 hr. any ideas?
Old 12-28-2009, 01:04 AM
unableelephant

yeah prbly the battery my mistake...i knew not to fully discharge but i made a stupid mistake
Old 12-28-2009, 01:48 AM
dcl1701

When I got another batt, I went to the hobby shop and got a decent quality, don't remember what brand but it does perform. Glad I spent a couple of extra bucks.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:40 AM
yadac123

You never want to run a lipo battery all the way down because this will damage the battery. A lipo battery doesn't develop memory like the nicad batteries. As you fly the heli and when the main motor slow downs that means voltage is near low and it's time to recharge the battery.

Andy
Old 12-30-2009, 12:42 AM
yadac123

At this time it's very hard for me to see what's wrong with the heli unless I got it in front of me. What's your order number? I can have you send it back and our tech can take a look. Let me know.

Andy

ORIGINAL: unableelephant

yeah prbly the battery my mistake...i knew not to fully discharge but i made a stupid mistake
Old 12-31-2009, 01:38 AM
unableelephant

i ordered a new battery gonna see in a few days if that the prblm if not ill send it back to ya,if the batt was the prblm any chance u could send me a new one?
Old 01-06-2010, 08:44 PM
yadac123

if the battery is the problem I'll issue RMA for exchange.

Andy