Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: WK-G011 & TX

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

WK-G011 & TX

I have a WK-G011 DSgyrowith my G2 along with a WK-2601 (non LCD ) Tx. When it initializes all is well, however, the gyro's led has a slow flash. Accordingly this probably means that the gyro is not receiving a signal from the Tx. The receiver is the RX-2701. Looking for some help in correcting this problem. Is is correctable or is the gyro broke. I tried hooking up a WK-G007 and it seemed to work just fine.

Thanks for any input

Tim

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: WK-G011 & TX

when the gyro has a slow flash it means you have changed the initial position of the gyro after you it initliaze with the radio by moving the rudder trim.

first of all can you make sure the TX and rx is really communicating by testing it with a servo. Connect the gyro to ch4 and the gain wire to aux1 and pay attention to the polarity of the wires.

Andy
    Andy - Official Exceed RC Support Forum Host

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Andy, that worked. Now the issue I have is with the left control stick. When I move the stick to increase the throttle, it powers up nicely but no lift. I noticed that the gyro that controls the pitch does not move upward with increasing throttle. It actually moves downward with increasing throttle. how can I correct this? I am using the wk-2601 Tx and 2701 Rx. I did try using a wk-701 with the appropriate rx and it worked just fine. I would just like to get the 2601 working correctly.

thanks
    Tim

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Also to add, is there a factory default setting for the 2601? in regards to the back pins.

Tim

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ok if your heli doesn't lift that means the pitch is off and not set correctly. you want to turn on the heli and disconnect the main motor from the ESC. Throttle up and check your pitch.
    Does the pitch servo moves up?

Andy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Okay, here is what happens. When I push left stick forward, the pitch shaft goes down. When I pull the left stick back down, the pitch shaft goes up. The right stick forward makes the swash plate rocker rock backwards and pulling the right stick down moves the rocker forward. I compared this to my other G2 and it appears that the left stick functions are opposite. My other G2 the left stick forward gives throttle up and pitch shaft up like it should.

The rudder control appears to be ok. Move the stick left makes the slider on the shaft move right or outward from the tail and vice versa.

What do you think?

Tim

ps the pin settings on thew back are as follows: 2,4,6,8 and 9 are all on. This is the WK-2601 (non lcd) tx. with the 2701 receiver.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think your dip switch settings are wrong and that's why your pitch is set incorrectly. 2 4 6 7 ON rest are all off.

Let me know.

Andy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Andy. I just tried as you said with dip switches. No cahange. With left stick forward, the pitch shaft goes down. Looking directly at the servo from the opposite side its on, when I move the left stick forward, the servo moves counterclockwise. Bringing the stick back down moves the servo back clockwise.Thus no increase in pitch with throttle up.

Tim

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

did you remove this servo and replace it with another servo? You might installed the servo in the opposite direction.

Andy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes I already tried that. I actually tried three different servos. Also, there is only one way to install this servo. Any other way and the arm won't reach. Is it possible the tx has an adjustable feature where you can change the polarity of the receiver making the servo turn a diiferent direction. As in my situation, so the servo turns clockwise with a forward stick? Is it possible the rx is malfuntioning? however, all other funtions with the receiver are just fine.
    Does this tx have the ability to reverse a servo and maybe that is what the problem is?

doogietim02

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

No problem with TX, it just that your setting are off.

ok try this. 1 2 4 6 ON and rest are all off.

make sure this pitch servo is connected to aux1 on the receiver.

Let me know

Andy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for being quick.. OK. I tried as you suggested and made sure it is in aux 1 but no difference. Pitch shaft still goes down ( servo moves counterclockwise)

doogietim02

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I emailed you a new setting and I believe you got it working....I'm not sure. Let me know.

Andy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

As I mentioned before, YOU ARE THE MAN, Andy. That last setting was perfect. I have not had a chance to fly it yet due to the weather but the servo is now clockwise and works correctly.

Thanks Again

Doogietim02

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Andy