Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Plugged battery in backwards what dies?

I got a Raptor G2 about a year ago and not long after the battery stopped holding a charge so I just put it on the back burner for a while and pursued other rc hobbies. Well this week I bought a new larger capacity LiPo with the intent of flying again. I charge it up and plug it in. But not paying attention the connectors on the battery were reversed compared to the ESC. So when they touched I got a spark and pulled it off immediately. Well doing that made the ESC smoke. So after redoing the connection on the battery and hooking it back in I get nothing operating.

So is this just the ESC is dead (I have a new one on order) or can this have fried all my electronics?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Plugged battery in backwards what dies?

Yes ESC is fried when you reversed the polarity. You motor and receiver are ok. Simple just replace the ESC will fix the problem.

Andy
    Andy - Official Exceed RC Support Forum Host