Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Exceed RC Support - Helicopter
Reload this Page >

raptor g2 all over the place

Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

raptor g2 all over the place

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 03:17 PM
surun211

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default raptor g2 all over the place

I have a g2 with upgraded scorpion brushless and ESC, after installing and programing ESC my little niece messed with my TX now my heli is all over the place, I need to change my thro curve, set DIP switches, gyro set up ect.

Can anyone help me with this I also lost my manual that came with my Exceed G2 Raptor. Thanks

[email protected]

Old 03-04-2010, 09:06 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: raptor g2 all over the place

ok to change the throttle curve you actually have to change the switch on the back to do that so I don't think he knows how to do that. I don't recommend changing the throttle curve. I think ht might crashed your heli and change the mechanical setups.

so exactly what's the heli doing now?

Andy
Old 03-04-2010, 11:32 PM
gclow

I went through a similar scenario with my G2 SE.
While rebuilding it after a crash, I read what there is of the manual and made changes to several settings.
I was focused on dip 10 and 11 - big mistake.
My biggest mistake was not writing down the dip switch settings as soon as I removed the cover plate.
The manual that was sent with the G2 is close to useless.

Download the Walkera 35#C manual from www.walkera.com I can tell you, that I can't get to that website without going through google and searching on rc helicopter walkera and then selecting the appropriate site.

You cannot use the dip switch settings from this manual, but it is excellent in several explanations regarding the heli.
This assumes that your G2 has the WK 2601 2.4 transmitter and 2701receiver.
If you have the 72Mhz, then download the manual for the Walkera 36. (download this one anyway, as it is the sistership to the G2)

Andy will write that dip switches 4 and 9 must be on.

Mine will not work unless 2, 4 and 9 are in the on position.
All others are in the off position.

The #12 dip switch is the one I messed with, because I was using my (apparently too fat) fingers to turn on and off the switches nearby and accidently moved 12 to the on position.
This one was a huge problem to resolve.

A previous post suggested resetting dip 12 by moving it to on and then setting the right knob to the 3 o'clock position and the left knob to another position.
This is to stop the heli from spinning. (Look up "my helicopter is still spinning" on this forum)

Read the manual that I referenced above, and you will be able to figure out a lot of this on your own.

The first thing to do is to disconnect the motor, (I put different colored tape on each connection - makes it easy to reconnect) plug in the batt and transmitter, you know the drill,and run through the controls.
You will know right away if the servoes appear to be working in the proper order.

I spent more than an hour of test flighttrouble shooting (yes, about 5 batteries worth - you know the drill, fly 12 to 15 minutes, recharge for 3 hours, fly, recharge for 3 hours etc...) which took 3 nights after work to complete. I even verified the proper position for the throttle dip switch. If you get this one wrong you can lose the heli and harm others.

Last night I achieved stable flight, except now while the rotor blades are spooling up, the heli makes a 270 degree ccw turn. Hmmmm. But I can achieve a stable hover and land without having to buy parts.

I don't trust the heli yet, but hope I can spend more time flying and less time repairing.

Bottom line, if I had it to do all over again, I would have never taken the cover off of the dip switches.

Next heli I buy will be returned, if it arrives with an operators manual like the useless document that came with the ExceedRC G2 SE.

Andy does one hell of a good job, if he weren't part of this forum, Imight have "recycled" this heli.

Good luck,

Old 03-05-2010, 01:15 PM
surun211

It starts up fine I need to track the blades and my right stick is not working properly, its like its reversed I push right on the right stick and it wants to lift of the ground, I push forward on the same stick and it goes back, tail spins ect..
Old 03-05-2010, 09:39 PM
yadac123

did you change the setting on the back for the radio? if yes, please change it back to the setting mentioned on the above post.

Andy
Old 03-06-2010, 02:08 AM
surun211

no I have the WK 0701 current setings at 2,4,6,7 on, is this correct
Old 03-09-2010, 12:49 AM
gclow

you are somewhat lucky as the Walkera 36 manual mirrors your heli.

Don't necessarily believe the dip switch settings, but they will probably be a good place to start.

If you are not able to locate it online, send me your email address and I'll send you a pdf copy.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:28 PM
yadac123

ORIGINAL: surun211

no I have the WK 0701 current setings at 2,4,6,7 on, is this correct
if you have the wk701 then it's correct.

Andy